Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, March 17, 2005
I really can't wait to post a blog that's not ranting and raving about something, someone or my job. That should let you know how much bad luck I'm having lately though. It seems like weeks upon weeks pass and all I ever seem to end up with is being pissed off and broke.

So tomorrow is St. Pats (I guess I should say today since it's now officially March 17). I'm going to go down to River Street for a while. Jonathan was supposed to come but he backed out on me and I'm super pissed at him for it. I'm not surprised but at the same time I really am. It got me thinking about my friends though. I have one close friend that I know I can consistently count on in the clutch and that's Jeb. No offense to anyone else and I know there are plenty of you guys out there that have been great friends to me, but I mean as of late. I've been down here since last May and Jeb has been the one guy I didn't have to beg to get down here. Hell Jud hasn't even made it down yet.

So yeah, Jonathan backed out. He said it was to spend time with his dad but I think there's another reason. I can't be sure but I think he passed up on chilling out to spend time with a girl. To most people that wouldn't be that big of a deal, but to me, who was hoping to see a good friend after a few months of pure shit, it meant a lot. And to be lied to (even though I can't prove it right now) and then thrown to the side for some ass, that's just shitty. I even thought Jonathan was above that one.

Great.

So what's the next step? I really feel like this could be a turning point for me. Maybe it's time to take a hold of that dream of studying overseas for a while. I could use my UGA connection to get my masters in advertising/public relations at Oxford. I always wanted to study abroad. Or perhaps it's time to cut bait and just go. I've been thinking that maybe the answer to my problem isn't the fact that I'm so far away from the people I care about, maybe it's that I'm stuck in a big life change. It's kind of like the change you make from High School to College Life. When you graduate, you tell everyone you'll keep in touch and blah blah blah, and you do for about a month. Then you never do again and eventually people get forgotten. Maybe that's what's happening to me. I keep grasping on to a life that essentially doesn't exist anymore. Since I've become single and stopped marching, I found out how good and easy I had it. Now I've got another challenge to face and it's a tougher one. Now's the challenge of finding a good girl, finding a great career and settling down.

That's a lot tougher than organizing a keg party and making sure we have enough cups...

I don't know. All I know is that I have tomorrow (today) off and I plan on sleeping in. Whether or not I actually go to River Street is irrelevant. What's important is that I have a day off to just relax. I need it more than any of you could imagine.

Until next time.


Kit
1 Comments:
Blogger Dave said...
ahhh... the impending quarter-life crisis.

Don't worry - it will subside. It may take a while. Just be comforted by the fact that while things may seem confusing and f*ked up right now, the idea of drinking green beer by a green river will probably always seem pretty cool.