Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, March 20, 2005
"Some day you will find me caught beneath the landslide.
In a Champagne Supernova in the sky..."

The Blog has served it's purpose. Not only are people reading what I write but they're reacting to it. I've had two friends start blogs just because of what they've read here. Not because it inspired them in any sort of way, but more because I have not found a better way to release frustrations in such a constructive manner.

I occassionaly ramble (actually I do it all the time) and it's nice to put it in a forum that makes people think. I'm not out to change the world or anything like that but it sure is nice to do something that encourages others to join along. For that, I must thank Rusty, [NAME REDACTED] and everyone else who has a blog and let me see how it can help.

By the way, I don't know why I put Oasis' tune at the beginning. I was listening to it and it released a creative juice that I felt the need to tap into. I tapped and as I suspected, nothing is flowing but damn is it nice to just type the words that creep into my brain piece by piece. Eventually I'll get done and realize I've just put together thoughts and sentences in a mosiac of randomness.

On a lighter note, I love Corona.

I didn't realized I liked it so much until I bought a 12 pack and a bottle of lime juice the other night when I was hanging out with some friends. I proceeded to drink it for a solid amount of time and woke up the next day with a slight hangover, but definitely easier than a whiskey hangover.

Anyway, it's a good beer.

However, on the point of Oasis, let's bring up Alanis Morrisette. Both are great acts with their own "before their time" approach to music but really haven't done much since exploding on the scene years ago. For Oasis, it was bitter rivalry, for Alanis it seemed to be one of those cases to where fame just wasn't where she wanted to be. I'd encourage anyone to look at some of the lyrics of their early stuff and just read what they're saying...especially Champagne Supernova. Good song. Wonderwall is awesome too, even though Ryan Adams (not the Canadian, that's Bryan Adams) did Wonderwall better I think.

I got into a discussion with a girl named "Kat" last Thursday and we just talked music. You'd be amazed as to how big of a role music plays in the compatibility of people. Generally, people put a great emphasis on their type of music and it's role in choosing a suitable significant other. I just found that part interesting...I've never really thought about that before.

Before I close out this little rambling of words, thoughts and sentences, I'd just like to say thanks to those folks that post feedback and especially my friend Dana who wrote me a nice e-mail of encouragement. Things aren't incredible but they're a lot better right now and I don't owe that to any of my own actions. It all comes from my friends pushing me along. I really am truly blessed to have each of you in my life.

Thanks again.


"Wake up the dawn and ask her why
A dreamer dreams she never dies
Wipe that tear away now from your eye
Slowly walking down the hall
Faster than a cannon ball
Where were you when we were getting high?"
1 Comments:
Blogger Stacy said...
Kit, You were subconsciously humming "Champagne Supernova" because they played it on the O.C. not too long ago....haha!
And damn right Ryan Adams did Wonderwall better....anywho, I'm planning on coming down to Statesboro sometime in April, so maybe you should stay in town this time so that I can hang out with you! Staisha and I are planning on going to Hilton Head I think, but I'm going to do everything humanly possible to get to see you (wow, I just used a Joe Hutcheson phrase....what a nerd)...FYI, I'm so proud of you for sticking with your diet...just don't get discouraged, it'll be worth it in the end. On that note, get a pack of Coronas ready for when I come down. Better yet, it's on me since I can legally buy it now! I love you darlin'.....xoxo