Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, April 20, 2005
Shit, you kids just make me have to rant and rave sometimes. I swear. Every time I have a good day, y'all have to go off and bring out my politically incorrect side just to set you straight.

This time it's about...

*hold your breath*

Religion.

Yeah, anti-climactic I'm sure. But seriously, it's got to end. All the way from the news media's obsession with Pope Eggs XVI to right-wing "zealots" screaming from the trees. When did having faith become so taboo? Are we becoming a society that constantly bitches about whether or not the Ten Commandments should exist ANYWHERE? Look, I'm as big a fan of seperation of church and state as anyone, but stop with the Bible thumping on one side and the Bible burning on the other. I'm sick of being looked at as a right-wing zealot because I have faith and happen to be moderate. Wanna know why I'm so pro-republican? BECAUSE IT'S BETTER THAN SERVING A PARTY THAT BITCHES CONSTANTLY. You lost the majority in the House and Senate for a reason, douchebags. Figure your shit out. Throwing more bombs at any conservative within target range isn't going to help. Compromise and understanding will.

And please, before you start deciding how you're going to refute what I say, let's just get this straight...you CAN'T.

Why? Because I'm right and you know it. This whole wonderful country has turned into a big ass label. Either you have faith or not, red or blue, conservative or liberal, ketchup or mustard. I like both on my burger damn it and I won't have it any other way!

What set me off? Of course I'll tell you. That's the purpose of my blog...to tell you why I do the shit I do. I was reading this today and came across something I just didn't agree with. If you'll scroll down through there you'll see "Christianity is stupid. Give up." Even though I like Tony and I thoroughly enjoy his blog, I kind of had an epiphany (it means "sudden truth" Jonathan). That epiphany is people that have no faith sure are testy.

Before I begin my presentation of why this is true, I want you all to know that there will be stereotypes, generalizations, and unprovable facts (oxymoron I know). However, you know I'll be right and can argue the point so go ahead and try if you must but I'd rather you not waste your time.

Now, people without faith tend to be testy and more depressed than people with faith. And I'm not just talking about Christians either. Catholics, Jews, Muslims, etc. all seem to have more peace about themselves if they put their faith in a higher authority. Ya know why? I think it's because the world just isn't as cool if you don't think there's anything after it. For example, getting married to the woman you love just doesn't seem as cool when you're about to watch your singleness die right in front of you. Life without afterlife is kind of like that. Why be so good and nice and all that shit if it's not going to get you anywhere? Hell, why not just go ahead and end it early? Save yourself some time.

You laugh at me and my other friends with faith saying that we're in the dark when your quest to be so "different" and "enlightened" about the "lies" we believe is nothing short of...normal. You want to be so different because you don't agree and all you end up doing is bitching like the other aetheists around you. I mean I'm sorry to put it so bluntly but it's true. Remember when Goth was actually different? Just give it one more year and everyone will say the same thing about not having faith. You'll say "I don't believe there is a God" and instead of coming off like the Yale graduate you pretend to be, what you'll hear from the person you're talking to is "Oh great...another one."

Seriously men and women. If you choose to not have religion please do so in your own manner. No one is shoving Christianity or any other religion down your throat just like no one is really holding the black man down anymore. Is there prejudice? Yes. But in today's society we are more judged on our accomplishments than ever before. I'm hoping and *gasp* praying that the pissing contest over which liberal can bash more conservatives while calling them zealots gets over soon. I just can't take it anymore.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Fuck the argument over left and right. Let's get back to right and wrong.

I could seriously bitch all day about this but it's pointless. Stop labeling people, do something nice for someone today and just because people believe Terri Shiavo shouldn't have been STARVED TO DEATH, it doesn't make them fanatical. I agree that church and state should be seperate and I also agree that Christians wouldn't feel so happy go lucky if a Jew was president. However, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop with the bitching. If you're going to fling your poop, fling it at a worthy cause. We need to secure the border (political suicide for both parties) and energy prices are rising (again, a political noose). Let's focus our attention on what makes us all a part of this great country...

Namely the fact we all bleed red, breathe oxygen, and when the sun goes down, we are still friends.

"The circumcision has already begun
Desensitizing the very thing or thang that brought
you into this motherfucker in the first place
And when I say "motherfucker" I do mean "motherfucker"
Because Mother Earth is dying and we continue to fuck her to death
Play with your own score sheet, become the master of your own bation
And yes, God is watching you, but no need to be embarrassed
For the future is in your hands, no the future is in your hand
Play with your own score sheet" ~~Outkast "Vibrate"

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
amen brother. Yo kit its jason,wookie, from hot toyz! Bookmarked your shat, guess I need to get mine going lol!

Blogger Gunner said...
Unfortunately, it never ends. We're not mature enough as a people (humankind, I mean) to respect difference and not attempt to legislate a point view that makes us feel warm and fuzzy about ourselves. But, beliefs aside, you are on the right path, young jedi.