Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, April 14, 2005
Anyone notice the quote above? If you're a master at movie quotes you'd probably realize that it's from "Red Dragon." Edward Norton's character was asked his thoughts on the latest serial killer and that was his response. Why I shared this movie quote with you will come up later but first a little background. While listening to Glenn Beck earlier today this quote popped in my head. Anyone care to know why?

Of course you don't, but I'm going to tell you of course.

Glenn Beck, my source for half of my blogs was describing the horrible situation in Columbus Ohio with the handicapped girl. No, this isn't another Terri Shiavo situation, but it's damn bad. This poor handicapped high school girl was forced to perform oral sex on two teenage boys while MORE THAN DOZEN other kids looked on. One even videotaped it. She was punched, stripped naked and was forced to perform and might have even been raped. Of course if you ask me, she was raped but I'm unsure as to whether or not she was raped by what we all know as the norm definition.

However, that's not the worst part of this story. The assistant principle not only failed to call her father immediately, once he did let the father know about the issue, he asked that the police not be called because it "might create a media circus." These insane sons of bitches in Ohio couldn't even make the call to the cops to report a CRIME because they were too worried about their own asses.

Now that I've told you the story, what color did you imagine those kids to be? When I was listening to Glenn tell this story I imagined those kids to be white. That's just naturally what I picture most criminals to be. There really isn't a purpose of this blog other than to have you ask yourself what you picture criminals to be when you project a mental image of them. Nine times out of ten I picture them as white. I don't want to jump to generalizations by saying if you picture them as black then you might be prejudice (we're all prejudice in some faction anyway) but I would like you for to ask yourself why. Maybe it's the way you were raised? Maybe it's the media? Maybe there's no real reason? These are all viable questions that will just help you understand a little more about how you tick. Learning how you tick is always fun.

Moving on to happier news.

I've got tomorrow off but I still have to go to the office. PR wise it will do me good to show up when I don't have to just to get some things done. To drive 25 minutes to put in a couple of orders can only help my image around there and then I get to go to the Beach Boys Concert tomorrow night. Sorry Jonathan, this was a last minute thing and I just happened to get invited. If I would have known ahead of time, I would have gotten you a ticket as well.

Not only are Rusty and Ellen coming into town on Saturday but my friends Heath, Jena and Heather are making it into town as well tomorrow. After I leave the Beach Boys concert I will be sure to find those cats. It's always good to see people you care about.

I don't really have much else to blog about so I think I'll just quit while I'm ahead. I'd love to give you guys a nifty homework assignment but if I thought you did them I'd spend a little more time dreaming something up.

Until next time kids...

Be safe.