Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, May 19, 2005
So I'm tired. REALLY tired. Last night Kiss Fm had the exclusive rights to the midnight showing of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. More on the movie later on.

So, since we had the rights, we had the tickets too. That's when one of the Clear Channel higher ups walks up to me and says "You gonna be a pussy or are we gonna see you at 11?" Well me, not wanting to be a vagina, said "I'll be there." I get to the theater and it was nothing like I'd ever seen before. People literally waiting in a line around the damn place just to be one of the first to see the last Star Wars, but not in a literal sense. The last one was actually one of the first...fuck it, you know what I'm talking about.

So we get our popcorn and sit in our blocked off seats. I was already tired due to a really long day and they changed our work hours this week so I've been tired from pillar to post anyway. Roughly around 3:00, I peeled my ass out of the seat, got into my car and laid in the bed at 3:30. Then at 8 A.M. (the time I'm supposed to be at work) I wake up and stroll into the door at 9 like that was the plan the whole time. I've determined that work is a lot more tolerable when you treat your job like that guy in "Office Space."

The movie itself was fantastic. The acting is horrendous until you get to where the actual "turn" happens with Anakin. Other than that, it's kind of slow, but it's a good movie and does an EXCELLENT job of putting all the ties together for the next 3. I'd highly recommend seeing it, whether or not you're a Star Wars freak. I'm really not one and I thought it was great. Don't be surprised though if you never look at Darth Vader the same again. I have a feeling from now on, every time I see him, I'll be rooting for him secretly.

Well in other news...Tech Sucks.

I've heard nothing from WestWayne but I do have spies working on it for me. Here's hoping it all works itself out. Even if it doesn't though, I still have something to look forward to. Fantasia is playing the Civic Center down here and will easily be my biggest event to date. No matter what happens, it will be a very cool deal, whether I'm here to enjoy it or not. I'm not really a big fan of Fantasia, but she'll do well in this market.

Oh, in a last bit of news, if I do get this WestWayne job, I found out that one of their clients is the ASO. It'd be cool to work to an extent with Dave. Just random FYI for y'all.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.