Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, May 02, 2005
Well, as we're all aware of, I'm looking for a new career or at least some sort of new job. I don't want anything extravagant. Just something to get me by and pay my bills. Mainly I want to move to Atlanta and be closer to the people that mean a lot to me. Selling my ass off for corporate radio isn't for me. Radio might be, but not being able to count on any kind of steady paycheck isn't.

So when I got home today I applied for a slew of jobs ranging from SouthernLINC Wireless all the way to UGA's Public Service and Outreach Center. If it has any marketing/advertising aspects to it, I'm on it like stink on shit.

Truth be known, I might have to do something I said I'd never do: Move back home. I've seriously been considering it lately because I just can't deal with the stress of this job anymore and watching my credit card statement rise and rise. I will not land myself into extremely deep debt because I'm not comfortable with my surroundings. I mean the Savannah experiment has failed...big fuckin deal.

See, most people are confused about why I'm looking for a new job. Well, since I like airing out my dirty laundry, I'll just knock myself right out.

The main reason I'm looking for a new job is because I can't rely on my parents anymore. Now before you decide to say "well, duh," hear me out. About 2 years ago, my father became hooked on drugs again. This is not something I'm ashamed of anymore because regardless of his shortcomings, he's still one of the best men I've ever known and every drop of my passion to be the best in everything comes from him. He's the one that taught me never to quit and always keep trucking. Moving on. After 25 years of marriage my mother decided she didn't want to look after my dad anymore. So, they've been seperated for a good year now officially. Now my dad lives in North Carolina and while I hope and pray they'll get back together, I can't count on that and I believe it's not going to happen.

So how does this affect me? Well, unlike some fortunate people, I can't rely on my income soley to help me get by. My parents give me about $275 a month just to help me out and when I can make enough for them to keep it, I ask them to please do that. I don't want their money but I do know that at times, I need their money. You have no idea how much I hate this. You can guess, but in my mind and in my world, money is the root of all evil. Every painful memory from my childhood has some monetary influence in it. All the way from fights, crying, doors slamming, etc., money was right there. I hate it and all I want is for my life to be rid of it. But since we can't function in this life without the almighty dollar, I have to find a job that can supply enough of it to me so I don't have to rely on anyone else.

You see, this month, I made enough in March to tell my mom to hold off on my monetary help for a couple of weeks. Through the miracle of my dad's irresponsibility with all things financial, there is no money left for me. As I'm writing this, my mom has dipped into her savings just so I could go have a little more than $3 in my bank account.

Now this isn't a sob story or some shit like that. Just letting you guys know why I want out so bad, and why I might consider making the jump back to Perry. There are times when we just gotta eat shit with a smile on our face and realize that our plan isn't necessarily what God's (or whatever you believe) plan.

Now here's what's funny. When I applied to SouthernLINC (keep in mind this is after business hours), I got an e-mail back within the next hour saying that I didn't fit their criteria.

This job search shit is going well...

Ok, on a lighter note, I didn't do anything this weekend but sleep, and it was fucking awesome. That 3DD show wore me out last week and I ran my ass off all week long on top of that. Also, in case you guys haven't heard John Legend, I got a taste of one of his songs "Stay with you" a few days ago. It's an awesome tune and I imagine the other songs on his album are as well.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Kepp ya chin up Kit... itll all wash... if you need ANYTHING...do not hesitate to ask.......

Blogger Brett said...
Ditto here, my friend. Maybe sometimes being a good man ain't enough, but sometimes it's all you've got. That's one thing you've got that lot's of others don't. In, then out... repeat.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hang in there babe. i love you and so do the bunnies.
Court

Blogger georgiagirl said...
someone else has bunnies??
Kit- I'll keep an eye out for ya. send me your resume