Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, June 27, 2005
A RACcoon that is...

Sorry, that was [NAME REDACTED]'s idea. It came when I was explaining what happened to the front end of my Scion. That was probably the best line of the weekend.

Speaking of the weekend, I got a lot of "education" about life in general. The job interview went well. Nothing really amazing. Unless they come with heat, I don't believe I'll take it. I'd rather suffer a couple more months down here instead of taking another job I'll be hating in 6 months. I'll get back to my newfound patience in another post maybe. Let's just leave it at that I'm really confused but really cool with that right now. It's just weird man.

Anyway, here are the things I learned this weekend:

1. No matter what ever happens or how far you are apart, it's always wonderful to see old friends.

2. Two people getting married for all the right reasons really does make for a fantastic wedding. It doesn't hurt that one of them is the "Pecan Princess" either.

3. The closer it comes to D-Day, the more at peace I think [NAME REDACTED] is. You looked really good my friend. I'm speaking from experience.

4. [NAME REDACTED], Ellen and myself do NOT make for a comfortable sleep.

5. It's ok to be THAT guy (in a drunken stupor sense), as long as you follow these guidlines:
  • You must be willing to sing on stage
  • You must be willing to dance in a circle
  • You must contribute to everyone else's fun evening
  • You must take lots of pictures
  • You must take them over and over again because you're too drunk to operate the camera

However, after all that, here's the most important thing I learned...

6. Things happen in your life and you don't understand, but then you see people you care about and you see how they are generally excited about your well-being. You watch a great friend marry the love of his life and for the first time in a long time, you're not jealous it wasn't you that found that happiness. You realize that a wedding is all about the girl. The honeymoon is all about the guy. You get super drunk and fall around and it's OK. You smoke a cigar in your own vehicle so now your mouth and interior smell like a fart, and it's OK. However, most importantly, you leave and feel better about the hand you've been dealt lately because when you take away the material shit and geographical locations, you're still the same guy you were 2 years ago and your friends are as well. Not only that, but when it's all said and done, you can look at them and not only are your most fond memories playing through your head, but theirs are of you as well.

To be honest, I didn't really learn anything. I just got reminded.

Sorry it's not the most eloquent thing I've ever written. I'll do better soon, but I'm just too tired right now. I'll be sharing some good music and lyrics with you guys soon as well.

However, this will have to wait until I blow through season one of The O.C. I'm already on disc 4 and I got it Sunday. That, my friends, is just shameful, but it's oh-so-good.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

3 Comments:
Blogger Gunner said...
Ellen says you are the snuggle King. Challenged only by the edgeof the bed and wall...that's high praise.

Blogger Brett said...
Actully, I thought the entry was nice. And thank you... good days and bad... hopefully most of the good days are months and years ahead. I enjoyed spending time with you, old friend.

Blogger Stacy said...
I'm just gonna remind you that I watched half of season 7 and all of season 8 of Friends this weekend... now we can be losers together! :)

I love you.....