Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, July 06, 2005
You just might get it right?

Well, to an extent, that's what just happened. I got a job offer from a very reputable company. It's C.H. Robinson Worldwide. They're big dogs in their industry, which sadly for me is not media.

Now, here are my pros:
  1. Eliminate Debt. This is possible by living with my aunt for a few months to pay down my credit card.
  2. Guaranteed Pay. Not only guaranteed but a higher guarantee than what I'm making unguaranteed right now.
  3. BEING WITH FRIENDS. We all know how important this is to me. It's been the main reason for me looking for another job in the first place.
  4. Everything else. Basically this entails having a roomate again, more people I have stuff in common with (which means more possible lady friends), and most importantly, the possibility of going back to school to get my Masters in Advertising.

Now, here are the cons:

  1. I'm out of radio, an industry I really do love.
  2. I'm joinging an industry that I may or may not enjoy, but definitely not where my career goals are pointed (as of this point in my life).

You would think this is a no-brainer but it's not that simple. It's tough to put so much into a job in hopes that it will work out only to be faced with a decision to move on, particularly in an industry that may or may not excite you.

I'd like to hear y'all's feelings on this. Any and all feedback is welcome, even if you have to post it annonymously. I have to make a decision by Friday at noon.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

4 Comments:
Blogger Brett said...
Let's see:

1. You hate your current job.
2. You want to live up this a way.
3. You don't know if you will like the job you are offered, but you'll be where you wanna be.

I say screw the unknowns (that's like me). Worst case scenario is you be in a job you hate in a place you love.

Blogger Russell said...
Ding, ding, ding,
Let's tell Brett what's he's won!!!

Blogger Gunner said...
I happen to believe the particular Industry matters less to the long-term goal than solid experience and amazing references. While I'm not sure what precisely the job entails, let's say that demonstrating the ability to manage complex tasks transfers to any industry. Go for it.

Blogger Mr. Oubre said...
Go for it. You never know- you may LOVE it. I'll buy you a beer next time a see you.