Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Tuesday, July 19, 2005
So, I hope you like what I've done with the place. I'm a little indifferent to it as of this writing (which by the way is being done on Clear Channel's dime...well, kinda), but we'll see if it grows on me or not. I like the look of it but it definitely doesn't have that "Hi, my name is Russ and welcome to my blog, now complete with Flash Animation." We do still have videos and a Terror Alert Level, which is handy in case you want to never look at Seasame Street the same way ever again.

Speaking of the video, the one to your immediate right is of Hoobastank's "Running Away." Years ago, I wrote a very interesting piece on the old ATA Message Board (Remember that thing ladies and gents? The link is still active by the way) and it was all about creativity. Creatively speaking, that video to the right is one of the best I've ever seen as far as capturing the idea of a song. When you break up with someone and you're the one of the shit end of the stick, then you have thousands of thoughts running through your head at the same time. Some of good times, some of sex, some of fights, some of everything else and they are all just flashing in and out like a relationship epileptic seizure. This video captures that and even puts the band in a video box to complete the idea of being inside someone's head. Call Hoobastank what you want and I'll most likely agree, but it's a damn good video and a good song as well. Props to the director of that one.

So back to all the changes around here. I'll be adding advertising to this page soon to try and make a couple of bucks extra a month. If you see ad links, just click on them and close it out. You won't get any pop ups or viruses from it. It will just help pay a couple of bills and I'll be greatly appreciative.

Thanks to everyone with kind words about my grandfather. He's doing better but they're saying either he won't leave the hospital or he'll go home with hospice care. Basically the end is near but no one knows when that will be. I'm not incredibly close with my grandfather so it's a real weird feeling. Mainly of guilt for not forcing us to have a relationship but since he and my dad never really got that close, I can understand how that would filter down. I just really hate it for my dad because I know if I'm feeling guilt, he's got to be overrun with it. But thanks for your prayers and good thoughts. They're definitely helping.

I'm looking forward to the move up to Atlanta. Actually I'm estatic about it. NOT happy about packing my shit up since I feel like I've just gotten everything settled in its own place, but I'm looking toward a fresh start and I really think this is going to be awesome. Besides, Ln says she has hot friends to introduce to me. I'm cool with that any day of the week. Also looking forward to Dawg season. It's right around the corner and I'm just not getting back on track with the diet so I should be looking decent around Gameday.

Other than that, I'm changing daily (in the good way). Here's to the next big thing...

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

P.S.--Let me know what you think of the changes and please pass along any ideas you might have on how I can make this thing completely reader friendly. I'm not out to ramble on about myself in every friggin' blog. There's a big difference in talking and saying something and I want to say something.
1 Comments:
Blogger Stacy said...
The only way to recapture lost times with your grandfather is by improving your relationships with the people that you still have. Perhaps you and your dad aren't as close as you'd like to be. In light of things, I encourage you to make an extra effort to talk to him or anybody else that you wish to be closer with more regularly, tell them you love them, and open your heart in ways that you've never opened it before. Breaking those barriers is where you will find your fulfillment, and the guilt will wash away.

I'm still praying for you and I love you very much!

~Stacy