Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, July 10, 2005
That's not really the topic of this blog, it's just the truth. I know most of you won't believe that though, since I tend to iron just about everything. Hey, I like to look pressed, fresh, and clean. If you don't like it, tough.

So, I was doing my daily cycle of blogs when I came across this one from my friend Tim (Gunner). It's quite a humorous story even though it's about a topic most people (men and women) cringe over. Hell, I have no room to talk, I'll probably do it when I'm done having kids. That is, assuming I actually will be able to have them (don't want to jinx it).

Anyway, as I was reading this particular blog, I asked myself, "Why in the hell am I reading this?" and thus began the creative flow of juices, no pun intended. You see, this blog phenomenon amazes me and my friend Courtney (notice I said "friend" so it's not that one) had this discussion on Friday just before I made an ass of myself. We were discussing another friend going through a particular issue and how crappy Courtney is at advice. I said to her that it's my belief that people rarely ask advice, they really just want an ear to bend so they can talk out their own problems. It's a lot easier to figure out the best plan of action when you're watching someone react to what you say. Most of the time, they need not say anything and you talk the problem out on your own.

So I move to another blog and find another situation. If you go here to Shit-Hot-Oob's Blog, you'll see that she is in the same type of situation that I have been in for so long. All I can say to her is stick with it and never be afraid to weigh the pros and cons. Everything is a risk, regardless of how "safe" one situation may feel. The good news is we're all still so young that we are allowed to make a mistake and not be stuck with it forever. I'm living proof of that. Sure, we might have to wait situations out, but it could be much worse. I know the world seems like it's crashing down and totally unfair. I know how you feel so selfish when every other aspect of your life seems anywhere from good to great except that job area and you bitch about it, but it's important to you and you feel it should be the one thing that goes perfectly. After all, everything you've done in an educational aspect, and I mean EVERYTHING, has led to you getting the job of your dreams, and when it doesn't happen, you feel cheated. I've been there. It sucks. Trust me, it will end.

Pardon my digression. Anyway, we blog because it's everything we can't say. We blog because it's tangible. We blog because we want people to ask these questions but we're too scared to wait in case it doesn't happen. We do it for our own sanity and we do it to share humor, pain, fear, and anxiety with other people we care about. Hell, not too long ago I spend a good hour writing about a girl. One that I still miss, but it's getting better. It got better as soon as I hit the "Publish" key. It was a weight off of my shoulder as soon as I did it. This whole thing is like a journal where we just figure shit out keystroke by keystroke. The best part is we figure it out with people we care about as well as complete strangers. Through this little blog I feel like I've gotten closer to friends I was already close with.

Who'd have known? The internet actually brings people together.

Anyway, thank you for your prayers, thoughts, good feelings, and rain dances for my opportunity to get to Atlanta. For the first time in a long time, I wake up excited about tomorrow and the opportunity I have. Honestly, the job aspect will come and I'll either be great or bad at it, but I get to see a Funkle Show in Altanta, I'll get to drink in Athens with less than a 2 hour drive and have money to spend, I'll hang out with Jeb on a Wednesday, and I'll just be happy where I'm at. Even on a bad day, it'll still be a good one.

My future's so bright, I gotta wear shades. Just kidding, but it was so corny, I had to do it. Take a rest kids and let me help you keep your chins up for a while, you've done enough keeping mine where it should be.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
5 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
thanks man, now people i don't even know will realize that i suck at advice! i should just stop trying!
Court

Blogger Gunner said...
Please...no starched creases in the boxers right now.

Blogger Stacy said...
Hey, don't worry Kit...if I make it to Atlanta and you still want to live with me in spite of my refusal to have "roommate" sex with you, then I'll iron your clothes! :)

Love you,
Stacy

Blogger Oob said...
Thank you, Kit. You are awesome.

Blogger georgiagirl said...
And when you move to the Atl you can come play and participate in Sauve Sundays. Ask Dave and Serena they rock!!