Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, July 27, 2005
*Current Music: Black Eyed Peas -- Pump It*

Pack Rat. That is what I am. Except for this time around. I have already decided that everything I just "had" to keep the last time around is going right in the trash this time. Two things I know will stay, however are the Red and Black issue the first Monday after we beat Tenn. in Athens as well as my brick that I snatched when they were doing the downtown beautification of the Classic City. Yes, I stole a brick. When you feel like you can't go home again, just steal a brick. It helps.

Currently I'm 1% deep in the packing process. Nope, that's not a typo. I've got the whole thing planned out in my mind of what goes where, the U-Haul has been rented, and I know what I'm going to keep and what I'm going to discard, but I just DO NOT have the motivation to pack all my shit up again. I'm sure everyone involved in the [NAME REDACTED] Relocation Project can agree with me when I say this shit is going to suck and it's going to suck big time.

*Current Music: Danke Shoen -- Wayne Newton*

I'm looking forward to getting up to Atlanta Saturday. I should be in town somwhere in the area of about 3 or 4 p.m. That night Jeb and others as well as myself will partake in some type of "Welcome to Atlanta" ritual but without rappers, bling, or bitches. I still think it will be a good time had by all. Anyone residing in the A-T-L is obviously invited. You guys are the main reason I wanted to move up there. I hope I get to see a lot of each of you.

*Current Music: System of a Down -- Aerials*

The job down here is going wonderfully. More on this in a sec but first, I'm debating whether or not to even blog about the new job for fear of being discovered. I keep hearing on Glenn Beck about people who have blogs, trash their employer, get discovered, and then begin looking for new jobs. I don't want that to happen to me, which is why I've never used names or trade secrets in my blogs. I don't think it's bad to shout from the mountain tops of 1's and 0's that you hate your job, as long as you keep it private to an extent. Besides if my bosses wanted to know how I felt, all they'd have to do is ask. I have no problem making my feelings known about that job and how they can shove it up their ass. Besides, they need something up their asses because I'm sure their heads are quite lonely up there. By the way, when I said the job down here is going wonderfully, I mean that. I have napped 2 out of 3 days this week and have effectively done nothing. Think "Office Space" but without embezzlement, fax machine homicide, and skinning fish.

*Current Music: Elton John -- Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me*

So anyway, I'm going to the liquor store to see what kind of boxes I can take from those guys. I need as many as I can grab and if I can't get my fulfillment there, then it's over to Kroger and Publix. Wish me luck. This could be fun and crappy at the same time.

Also, before I go, thanks to Stacy who said her perfect man would have my wit and general appreciation of cuteness. Damn right the perfect man would have a bit of me in him. He'd also have my abs. They're fantastic.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

*Finishing Music: Imogen Heap -- Hide and Seek* (worth a sample, especially for music freaks)
5 Comments:
Blogger georgiagirl said...
call me Saturday, Blog this will be out of town, and I'll be up for a good time with mr soft feet

Blogger Russell said...
Hey now!!!

I don't know who this "mr soft feet is" but I swear if you've been sleeping with my wife, I might have to come kick your....oh who am I kidding, you've already slept with her.

Blogger Ludakit said...
Nice.

Blogger Brett said...
A few tips:

1. Fasten all loose pieces of furniture to their base, especially if Gunner is going to be anywhere near them.

2. If you get to your place and realize things will be tough to get in, run out on the security deposit and get a new place (though I don't guess you had one)

3. Find the Target. Wal-marts in new places increase the WTF Factor. Targets, however, make you believe you will soon be dating.

4. If you purchase a new microwave, test it on something before preparing a critical meal.

5. Know that you will throw away almost as much crap after you get there as you did before you left.

Enjoy America's Moving Adventure and let me know when in August you are coming to Nashville.

Blogger Oob said...
*groan* I don't even wanna think about it. Countdown for Oob: twelve days till I have to move out of the apt. Best of luck.