Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, August 07, 2005
And it kicked my car's ass.

So I was on the way to The Classic City Saturday night when all of a sudden, I hit a pot hole so deep I think someone was once buried inside of it. Nevertheless, I heard a sound that was remotely similar to the sound the car made when I hit this animal in January. Fearing that I had bent my front end up to the point of no return and finding that my car was suddenly pulling to the left so bad the ACLU would be jealous, I quickly jutted off of I-85 to reveal the tire being blown out. Thank God it just popped instead of doing what it sounded like it did. I just knew I was going to be "that guy" trapped on the side of the road with a car he couldn't drive.

I promptly (and by promptly, I mean TOOK A LONG FUCKING TIME) changed the tire and am now riding on one of those Donuts. However, my donut is yellow in the middle instead of black to allow EVERYONE to see that my car is now the bastard child of Scion, and it's only a year old.

Wooooooooooooooo-----saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Anyway, no trip to Athens this weekend (excluding Friday, which was a blast and I'm guessing will be a blog saved for another time).

I start the new job tomorrow. Here's hoping I don't suck at it. My clothes are all nice and pressed and at the end of my workday I'll be taking the Scion over to Legacy Toyota to get fixed. Therefore I probably won't see it for another 2 or 3 weeks. Let's hope that's not the case.

I'll change some more things up soon like the video to your right and I'll post more often once things calm down a little.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

P.S. -- [NAME REDACTED], I stumbled upon this. I went to his Web site and found nothing, but I did Google the story and found this article which gives a few more details. It's basically for bragging rights and recognition, which neither of them are bad, they just don't pay the light bill. Just thought I'd pass it along.
3 Comments:
Blogger Brett said...
Mmm hmm. I'm so glad he came out with that interview in the 2004 Songwriter's Market which blasted people who "write love songs over lunch."

Blogger Staisha said...
My luck's worse...I've had two flats in the past 4 months...both on the interstate...brand new tires...AND my doughnut has a leak as well (which means by the time I get to the nearest car place, it's flat too)...AND I've been told that out of the last 2 original tires I still have on my car, one of them has a ripple which means it'll bust anytime soon...and, of course, i still have yet to act on this!
I hope your first day of work went well!

Blogger jules3882 said...
At least you weren't stranded on the side of the road one exit past St. Augustine on I-95 coming home from Daytona with two split tires and having to ride in the back of a police car to get new ones!