Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Tuesday, September 27, 2005
And I feel fine.

Thanks REM for putting it in terms I understand.

So that's kinda what I feel like. I can't really describe it but it's nice and I don't really want it to go away.

Just to give you guys some background as to what I'm talking about, let's just say that even though I'm making a concerted effort to not drag any of you into many more of my depressive ramblings (let's be honest, there's been a LOT less of them lately), there's still a few things I'm not particularly pleased about when evaluating "my life."

However, I feel great today and you can't beat that with a stick.

I feel like I finally understand how ultimately blessed I am to be me and to have the support structure I have. Sure, the padres are going through a tough time and I have relatives that are a bit on the sick side, but all in all, I'm very well off and I'm finally starting to feel good about it. And please understand I'm not trying to trivialize what my relatives are going through. TWO sisters had mastectomies (sp?) recently after finding breast cancer. However, both are fine and are keeping their heads up. The character shown by both of them is something to make you proud to say you're related.

Anyway, some kickass things have been happening around me lately. I'll just name a few real quick:

1. I'm beginning to have a routine. Monday is wrestling. Tuesday is House. Wednesday (hopefully) is trivia night, which means good times, old friends and a new one, and squirrel sex. Thursday is The O.C., and the weekend opens up to a miriad of things that I normally wouldn't be able to do if I was living in Savannah. I can't tell you how great that feels.

2. I got a girl's number at a bar in Athens on Saturday. Her name is Pana P. (pronounced Pah-na) and she's a first-year grad student in Pharmacy school. Definitely will not go anywhere (at least I'd be the most surprised one if it did...she's hot and WAY out of the league of the Notorious One), but it was GREAT to meet a girl, spend about an hour talking to her, get her number, have her get mine, and then having her actually remember you when you speak to her (even though it was via text message) a few days later. I was proud of myself...it's the first time I've ever done that.

3. I'm finally gripping this "big brother" concept. I went and watched the younger cousin play in her soccer game on Sunday and it was a very proud experience. Being the only child that I am, I have never gotten to be proud of a younger sibling and watch them grow. It's very humbling. By the way, only hardcore Yankees love soccer. I felt like I was sitting around listening to a bunch of people saying "Oh Golly, don't 'cha know." Ugh.

And that is just a small example of what I'm facing right now. Things are better exponentially and even though some areas are lacking, others are improving. It's nice to have a family and it's nice to be a part of something again.

Basically, I'm starting to feel like me again.

Be careful, the Notorious One is making a comeback.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
3 Comments:
Blogger Russell said...
Oh yes, there will be triva, hope you can make it. Starts at 8. We'll there about 7:30 or so

Blogger galarza said...
yes 730 sharp. and there is nothing better than 'house'. NOTHING! unless youre playing poker at ricardos. i think i'm in love w/ dr house...

Blogger Stacy said...
Hey, I ain't no damn Yankee! Soccer is a damn good sport when you learn the rules!