So I won a 27 person tourney yesterday on Pokerstars.com and even though I'm proud of what I did, the fact that I lost two small shit-and-go tourneys today hasn't really made me excited. But this post isn't about winning and losing at poker. I read this guy's
post this morning before work and for some reason, it actually made me realize I've been doing the same exact thing, but here's what I've noticed:
1. I will never be on top of my game like I was when I was in college. I will never have another microphone in my hand auctioning off a Georgette and I will never throw another party like the ones I used to.
2. I'm bored as can be all the time, but I'm much less stressed out.
3. I can't think of a more beautiful sight than Sanford Stadium last Saturday night.
4. I haven't shaved in 7 days and I look like a mexican.
5. I've gained 3 pounds lately.
6. I'm still single, and it's not going to change anytime soon.
7. I'm overjoyed at the fact that at any time, I can see a number of friends that I've known for years.
8. I like living with family, even though I thought I'd hate it. It's also kind of nice being a "big brother."
9. Holy shit, I just got my new MAXIM and this chick on the front is HOT. Damn.
10. I love writing, but I miss speaking.
Those are my random thoughts pouring in and out of my brain lately. I can't believe how everything's changed, including my thoughts on what I want and how I plan on getting it. Truth is, I have no idea what I want and I still wonder every 15 minutes.
However, looking at the above list all I can think is (thanks for the line [NAME REDACTED]):
I'm ok with that.
Until next time kids.