Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, October 20, 2005
First of all, I had a great dinner tonight and my Stacy is full. After the football part, I'll explain what you just read.

Ok, so the Dawgs and the Hawgs lock it up this weekend in what many people are calling a "W" already for our beloved boys in Red and Black.

Not many people are going to like what I'm about to say, but we're in danger with this game.

Here's what I think...

When UGA has the ball:

1) Protect D.J. -- This IS a reccuring theme ladies and gentlemen. When our hero (who, after the midpoint of the season, is up for many national QB awards) snaps the ball and has time to throw, he eats defenses alive. FINALLY we have a system the encourages the long ball. Amazingly we didn't have that when we supposedly had the "great" receivers here. The truth is, Shockley's legs allow us to stretch the field. Since we always have the ability to go deep, people must play the long ball, thus throwing the safeties farther back into coverage. Shock runs or the Three-Headed Monster runs and we win the game. We hope. Anyway, O-Line has to play well and protect our guy so he can have an easy day and no injuries. NO INJURIES.

2) Control the Clock -- Arkansas has one aspect of their game that makes this particular meeting incredibly dangerous, and that is their running game. They run the ball so effectively it frightens me. In fact, that's pretty much all they do since their passing game is nonexistent, but they still managed to rack up almost 200 yards against Alabama, whose rushing defense is one of the best in the nation. We have got to keep their ground game on the sidelines. Their O-Line outweighs our D-Line by a good 30 pounds on EACH MAN. We gotta keep that bacon off the playing field.

3) Score in the Red Zone -- 'Nuff said, we gotta get more TDs but props to the kicking game for being automatic lately.

When Arkansas has the ball:

1) Stop the running game -- Obviously, from the facts given above, we have to stop them from running the ball. They won't even attempt to pass since both QBs blow harder than Katrina. With our D-Line damn near dead and our Linebacking Corps hurt as well, we have really got to make a statement. That statement is "our backups don't suck."

2) Kill their kick returns -- We suck at it and Arkansas is pretty good at it. We need our guys to tackle effectively and not expect Greg FUCKING Blue to make every hit. Essentially, our "assassins" (the guys who line up wide on punts to try and force a fair catch or be the first to hit the returner...thanks Red & Black) have got to force little to no returns and maybe even a muff or two. Ha...I said "muff."

3) Change it up -- Florida is idle this week. That means they'll be eyeing our defense and looking for holes. Chris Leak (who I still believe is almost NFL ready mind-wise) will be studying this game like we studied UT/UF. Martinez needs to throw some different looks defensively (i.e. more blitzes PLEASE) in order to give Florida so much film to study that they can't get it all in.

Overall:

1) DON'T LOOK PAST THIS GAME -- I'm guilty of the "Florida Bug" too because it's the time of year that every Dawg fan looks forward to, but seriously, we're playing a damn good 2-4 team and we can't afford any fuck-ups. We need to stay focused.

Final Thoughts:

This is a big game for us as is every game when you're 6-0. People are talking about UGA in the Nat'l Title hunt and now it's to the point that we're finally starting to listen. However, I still see this team united more than any team before it. Without a clear "superstar" this team relies on each other to get the job done. They do that in this game and again, come away with another "W." However, it will be close. Closer than any of us will like. One thing I want to know is if the team will come out arm-in-arm during pre-game instead of running out like they usually do. I hope they do because I think it gets them in the right state of mind. I guess I'll have to wait and see and get reports since I won't be in Athens this weekend. I'll be in the metropolis of Perry, where we have a fair and people race pigs.

Anyway, Dawgs do what they need to do and preparations for Florida begin.

Prediction: 24-13


Moving on.

We were kicking ass last night in trivia until I was SO SURE about the answer of who smacked the game winning homerun in the 1993 World Series. Apparently Joe Carter, who was my second guess, hit that homerun instead of Kirby Puckett. My erroneous answer led to many more thereafter so it's essentially my fault we didn't place. However, many great things happened. I ended up spending more time with three great friends. I named my stomach Stacy after we determined that we should "go with our gut" and since Stacy was the only one with any answer, she happened to be our gut and thus became MY gut. I'm sure she's thrilled. I'll be honest though, I'm truly honored for her to be my gut. She kicks tons of ass. One of the coolest people I've met in a long while.

Also, my penis is named Rusty mainly because it hasn't been used in a while. HA!

Um. (I literally just looked around trying to find shit to write about).

A trailer for the new Nicholas Cage movie called "The Weather Man" just aired. For some reason, I think old Nick might be having a career surge. I haven't watched any of his new shit (I don't think many other people have as well) but the trailers for it seem really fresh and kinda weird. They seem to be movies that are more written well than acted well. If you catch my drift.

Well, I'm as spent as my $2 when have a craving for a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard from DQ.

Until next time kids.

Be safe (and Go Dawgs).
3 Comments:
Blogger galarza said...
i love shockley. i always thought with some practice he'd be really great.

and forget the joe carter question - i'm still fuming over missing 1 of 4 nfl players in a bonus question. marcus allen. i get 3 of 4 and miss the Trojan. and i will never forget that i missed that one.

Blogger Stacy said...
Of course Stacy is awesome. It comes with having an awesome name ;)

did I mention that you are the shit?

love ya

Blogger Mr. Oubre said...
You are prophetic...here's to hoping that bastard can walk next week....