Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, November 10, 2005
I know y'all have just been dying to read the mysterious words that flow from the brain of the Notorious One like beer at a Redcoat Party, and I'm sorry for it taking so long. After the Florida loss, which still kills me by the way, I just didn't feel much like blogging in any form. Then I hit Bambi (Bambi hit back) and even though I don't feel 100%, I have to do it. My people depend on me.

Seriously, I'm just bored, and it's almost tradition now to do a pre-game breakdown.

Really quickly, todays post at The Georgia Sports Blog on Turducken is pretty funny. By far that is one of my favorite blogs to read.

And in other news, I'm driving a 200-something Mitsubishi Lancer. It really is a piece of shit and no, I'm not lying. I went ahead and named it Sir Lancer-lot since I figured we'd be spending a lot of time together over the month. However, I got great news (no I DIDN'T save a bunch of money on my car insurance...ain't that ironic) in that my car should be ready by next week sometime. That is fantabulous.

Well let's not keep anyone waiting.

When UGA has the ball:

1. Protect D.J. -- Holy Reocurring Theme Batman!! Seriously, this is his first game back after the "Oh shit" incident so we have to step it up to accomodate him. He'll come out firing because that's the kind of player he is. After putting the receivers through the tennis ball drills for two weeks, I expect our guys to step up and catch a little better this week. Just expect D.J. to return to form like he never missed a day. That's all I'm saying.

2. Please run the ball -- In order for the above to be true, this has to be true. We must run like we haven't all year long. PLEASE guys, find your holes, use your vision and follow the big guys down the field. Let's use Danny Ware a little bit more as well since that guy has been running with pure heart all year long. I've been really pleased with what I've seen from him lately. T. Brown seems to have just fallen into the starter's role and if I were CMR, I would start Danny just to light the fire through the rest of our stable. Our guys need to stay competitive with each other because we all know that at the end of the day they're still friends. Hell, let them make each other better.

3. No offensive penalties -- This includes any holding, blocks in the back, etc. Stupid mental mistakes will only cause us to beat ourselves when we suit up against Auburn. AU's defense doesn't suck. Without a doubt, AU is all about their defense. Their front seven is up there with the best in the nation, so anything we can do to play cleanly, we need to do it.


When Auburn has the ball:

1. PRESSURE THE QB -- Brandon Cox is slowly moving into being a legitimate QB for Auburn, but he's not there yet. We've finally gotten healthy enough to start putting more pressure on the QB, so how about we friggin do it this week? If Martinez doesn't get at least 2 sacks out of that defense the Dawg nation is going to be VERY pissed. I had this type of conversation with my boy Jarrod not too long ago and basically it boils down to this: when you play like you have something to lose, you lose. If you play like you have nothing to lose, you win big. We've got to take aggressive shots, and for once, I'm not talking about the offense.

2. Stop their running attack -- I'm still on the fence about Kenny Irons. I know he has speed and power, but he hasn't been the breakaway back that he was touted to be. At least not to me anyway. I really think AU's running attack is overrated, but what do I know? We just need to step up and stop the running game. We do that, and I think the game is won.

3. Protect against the big play -- This could kind of go for offense and defense, but basically the factors are there for momentum to shift drastically. We have to make sure that doesn't happen. We just need to keep the crowd on our side.


Overall:

We just need to get out there and play our game. We need to get out there and GATA all day long. The last time I can remember a game this big was in 2002 when we won the SEC East. Essentially, the East kind of hangs in the balance since Kentucky is one of the worst teams in the nation, not only just the SEC. The crowd will be incredibly hot and might be the loudest since...ever. Seriously, this game could be epic. That's all I'm going to say.

Georgia: 30
Auburn: 20

Until next time kids.

Be safe (and Go Dawgs).

Uga