Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, December 22, 2005
A friend at work forwarded this to me. Thought it was worth a post...



T'was the night before New Years, and all thru Knoxville, Not a creature was stirring, everything was still.

All the bowl games were scheduled by the networks with care, The Tennessee Vols just wouldn't be there.

The loyal fans were nestled all snug in their beds, While visions of losing seasons danced in their heads .

And Sis in her nighty, and I in my cap, Had just settled down for a long winters nap....

When out on the farm there arose such a clatter ,I sprang from my trailer to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash, And opened the blinds as I stepped thru the trash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow, Gave the luster of orange to objects below.

When what to my wandering eyes should appear, But a huge John Deere tractor, and eight big old boy-steers.

With a big gutted driver folks wanted to kill ,I knew in an instant it must be Fat Phil .

Slower than snails his ball players they came, And he whistled, and shouted, and called them by name: Now Clausen, Now Foster, Now Meachem and Swain! On Wilhoit, On Taylor, On Colquitt and Ainge!

To the NCAA I heard the man call.......Now dash away, dash away, dash away all!

And then, in a twinkling, I heard on the roof ,A shaking so violent it rattled my tooth.

As I rubbed on my jaw, and was turning around ,Down the Chimney Fat Phil came with a hound.

He was dressed all in orange from his head to his foot, With marks on his butt from the whoopins he'd took!

A sack of fresh donuts he had slung on his back ,He huffed and he puffed as he ate up his snack.

He had a fat face, and a great big fat belly, That shook when he laughed like a bowl full of jelly,

He was chubby and plump, a right jolly old elf. Teams laughed when they saw him in spite of themselves.

A wink of his eye and a twist of his head, let other teams know they had nothing to dread.

He spoke not a word, but went straight to his work, Ate the rest of the donuts, then turned with a jerk,

And sticking his finger up inside of his nose, And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his tractor, to his team gave a call, Fourth and ten, let's run up the middle you all.

But I heard him exclaim as he drove out of sight, Good luck to the Dawgs, Tigers and Gators on this New Year's night!!

~Anonymous

Y'all have a great next couple of days. I'll be in the metropolis of Perry and most likely will have a Christmas Eve post because I tend to write on those kind of days.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
3 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Hey cutie !

Hope your doing good. Miss talking to yah. Happy Holidays
Much love to you
Abby

Anonymous Anonymous said...
that put a smile on my face man....merry christmas to ya man.

Me and you ..and Jenna and beer SOON!

Blogger Stacy said...
suh-weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

See ya in a couple days!