Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, January 01, 2006
By the way, no Dawg news in this post. This will be all from the Notorious One and I doubt I'll mention UGA football but maybe once or twice in the whole post.

This past weekend I was in Athens having some good old fashioned college fun (see: Drunk). Took in a basketball game, went to the Blind Pig, and basically just had a great time.

I also met someone new and fun, but in an effort to not get too giddy, excited, or ruin the damn thing, I'll just have to wait and put that in a later post; if I do so at all.

I got plenty of calls, text messages and the like on Saturday evening so thanks to all who sent me well wishes. I would've returned the favor, but I have a blog and you can read my well wishes here. I did have a nice phone conversation, albeit short, with The Song Writer. Apparently, no other artist in history is as big as Garth Brooks was in his prime. It was a very interesting discussion and one I hope to continue in Nashville soon.

By the way, as I write this, I'm in the midst of playing in a very large poker tournament. Unlike some people (who will also tell me that that I shouldn't be blogging in the midst of a tourney), I don't win the big ones so I'm sure by the end of the post, I'll be out. However, I do tend to make it well on past the first break and my chip stack is solid, so we'll see what happens.

Anyway, apartment hunting will be tomorrow with Jeb. Hopefully we'll find the nicest cheapest place right off of 285. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. A decision needs to be made rather quickly.

I'm being pretty random here, but it's nice to just write. I haven't just sat down and wrote in so long. If you think about how much this blogged has changed since its inception, it's actually quite mind boggling. When I started writing this I was so damn confused I didn't know whether to wind my butt or scratch my watch (thank you Trudy from Steel Magnolias). Now I feel like this has turned into more of a sports type blog than me trying to figure out the world at large. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing Dawg commentary. I love the college and the game so much that it just comes natural to want to talk UGA football. However, I don't want to lose site of what I originally wanted my blog to be, which was more commentary based.

Hence the reason for my last post when I said that there were going to be some changes around here over the next month. I'm going to completely reinvent this thing and bring a new layout and idea to the page. Don't get me wrong. I still want to be labeled a blog about UGA Football. I don't mind that at all. However, that business is dominated by guys like PWD and Dawgbone.net who do a phantastic job. I've got a funny quirk here and there, but they are the best at what they do.

So, I'll probably take a little more time off this week and sift through some archives of the blog just to kind of see what the vibe was then as opposed to now. I'm just going to try to find some middle ground and build around in that area.

Happy New Year everyone, and thanks, as always, for stopping by.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
3 Comments:
Blogger georgiagirl said...
I love Post Ridge. I'd bet it's a little bit more expensive, but they are nice.

Blogger Dave said...
Cheers - Happy New Year!

Blogger Brett said...
You stay classy, Kit Kitchens.