Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, January 23, 2006
For those of you named Stacy G. , P-town is ghetto fab slang for Perry, Georgia. Perry happens to be the metropolis that I grew up in while being surrounded by pastures, a fair, and quite possibly the best friends that I don't deserve.

My weekend was spent doing numerous things that I would love to go into detail about, but if I could remember them clearly, it'd be one long post. Here's what you need to know...

  • When it comes to partying, if I apply myself I get into a zone where it's like I'm back in college shape. However, if I don't have the will to do it, then it's a moot point. This was evidenced by my hardcore attitude on Friday followed up by a mediocre night on Saturday (drinking wise that is). Hell, I even had it for FREE on Saturday and couldn't do it.
  • I have the best friends in the world. Not just the ones from Perry either. The more I sit back and look around, the more I realize how lucky I am. I have great friends here in Atlanta and I have wonderful ones back in Perry. Thank God I have these friends because they bring out all those memories of being a kid, doing stupid shit, and loving it the whole time. You can't go home again, but that doesn't mean you can't want to sometimes.
  • Part of growing older means partly letting go of some things you find comfortable. I've always had my "girls" and by "girls" I mean Dan@, Erin, and the like. I've always been protective of them, chewed their asses when they fucked up, and then got chewed for chewing in the first place. However, they're all grown up and have found some of the best guys for them. It's comforting to see them so happy and it puts a bit of the ole "hope" in someone like me who kind of wishes for that to happen sooner or later...except the whole "finding a guy part." I'm not a star from Brokeback Mountain, but MacGuyver is.
  • I can't recall a time before this weekend when I went home and didn't spend one night in my bed. Now THAT'S a helluva weekend.

Well, I need to get back to my tournament before I get put out way too soon. To everyone I saw this weekend, please know that it was one of the best I've had in years. Can't wait to do it again!!!

Jack Bauer owns your soul.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Kit! I'm so mad at you! you never contact me when you are in town! Guess i know im not one those "girls"! HA! Anyway... hope all is well... i sure do miss you, unlike you can say the same :~(

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'll always be "your girl" and I love you and will always let you chew my ass...that's why YOU are standing up there by me when I marry Andy.

LOVE U!