Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, March 20, 2006
I have them. Pretty much everyone does. Sometimes I have the ones that send signals to my brain to indicate touch, pain, heat, etc. and sometimes I am a ball of them all rolled together. Tonight, I'm much more of the latter rather than the former.

By the time most of you read this tomorrow I'll be telling my current employer that I'm going to the doctor and I'll be changing into the clothes (and by clothes I mean "suit") hidden in my car and I will drive all the way to a very reputable Public Relations/Marketing/Advertising firm in Atlanta.

I can tell that I'm very nervous because as I was shaving, my neck turned bright red and broke out something fierce. I'm hoping a good night of sleep turns the red into the ghost white I should be at 3 p.m. when I shake my first hand. I have my resume, references (including Ln as one), a sample of my portfolio (see: final project in college), a sharp wardrope, longer but not long and unmanageable hair, and the passion to do something new.

I've been stuck in a bit of a rut lately mainly because of my own outlook on things. I want a serious change somewhere and I want to meet some new folks. Lately I've felt like I have tapped my friendships to the point where people list me as one certain type of friend like "sarcastic," "foot in mouth syndrome," "big brother type," etc. I have determined I want someone to look at me differently, in whatever capacity that should be. Hence one of the reasons I want this new job so badly because not only would it be the career I've wanted that didn't include Hollywood, but because I know it would require me to stretch myself a bit, meet new people, and most likely travel, of which I am very fond of recently.

I'm quite tired of thinking and trying but not really getting anywhere. I can't say this whole thing sucks because it really doesn't at all. Hell, I just bought a 42-inch HDTV and a new washer and dryer. Why is this important? It's not. But it's fun as shit.

But here is the seriousness of which I am taking this new opportunity. PR practitioners never make any money the first few years they're in the business. If I take this new job, I MIGHT negotiate myself to the low $30s, which I think I could make manage. Anything lower than that and I'm just wasting my time; in more senses than one.

All in all, I apologize for not blogging, but I have nothing really to say or write about. That previous sentence is ironic because I probably just blogged a whole bunch. I don't know if I did or not because I just sat down and typed until my heart's content.

I think it is now...at least until I wake up tomorrow.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
1 Comments:
Blogger Stacy said...
Good luck! I'll be praying for you!