Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Apparently May 1st is going to be "A Day Without Immigrants." Those of us that are in the transportation industry have seen this coming for a while, but now it's a full-on problem and it doesn't include just truck drivers but apparently every immigrant in America.

Uh huh.

Now I know some don't care for this topic, which is absolutely fine by me. There are certain things that don't light my shorts on fire and there are some that do. This is one of those topics that really gets nails-on-chalkboard for me and it's not easing up.

I, as well as the rest of my office, was the recipient of a newsletter today for the "movement" which gave details on what it stood for and blah blah blah. Needless to say, I was pissed off at 10:00 in the morning, which is a new record for me lately*.
*excludes the obvious waking up every day, still being fat, and still having to work

The newsletter stated the "demands" of the immigrants as clearly as a jumbled up pile of "fuck" can. They want amnesty, the right to form labor unions, and a 25% increase in salary. Now, I'll let that sink in for a moment...

....


....


....


A 25% PERCENT INCREASE IN SALARY??? Are you fucking kidding me? Just the term "salary" would imply that you pay taxes on the money you make, which, might I remind everyone, IMMIGRANTS DON'T DO. If you want an increase in salary, then become a fucking citizen or shut the fuck up.

Look, I believe you have the right to be treated as a human being wherever you go, but seriously, why in the fuck aren't we arresting ILLEGAL immigrants when they protest? Does anyone else see a problem with ILLEGAL immigrants not getting arrested when they challenge the kickback loving assclowns that grandstand every day and call it "making a difference?"

Immigrants, PLEASE don't go to work May 1st so everyone can see that this country can run without you. If you want to stay, PLEASE pay taxes and stop draining medicare and citizen funded schools. I don't care if you can't speak english, just PLEASE pitch in a little to help with the rent.

Now don't get me wrong, I truly believe the low cost of labor has been a very big contributing factor in the reason why our economy continues to grow. Hell, just the housing market alone is dominated with immigrants. If you don't believe me, ask the Home Depot, which is the official sponsor of "1 for $20 or 3 for $50" guest workers.

Of course, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe I'm close minded. Maybe I'm a legal, tax paying, IRS hating, college educated, CITIZEN that just doesn't get it. Hell, maybe the country will go to hell in a handbasket on May 1st. Just look below and see what happens when immigrants stop working on the internet.

Immigrants

Obviously not a pretty site.


Hasta niños del próximo tiempo.

Sea seguro.
6 Comments:
Blogger JoJo said...
This issue saddens me we are never going to be able to get along with one another we can't even cross imaginary lines without fighting how are we every going to get over race or for god sakes....religion. ok that last one is a bit funny but in all seriousness how are we every gonna get along with the aleins when they finally come I really wanna see the little green men so can't we all just get along.

Blogger Anne said...
I'm not changing my work plans on Monday, but did advise a good friend of mine to keep her son home from school. He travels really far on multiple Los Angeles city buses to get to and from his magnet high school, and the last thing he needs is to get himself beat up for daring to want an education and to better himself and his life.

Blogger Stacy said...
thanks jojo, i think the "aleins" are more educated than you are.

and roxanne, like most of kit's posts, this is a farce and a political statement at the same time. He never said that the kids couldn't go to school; all he said was he wanted people to help with the rent, dammit. Being born in America automatically grants you citizenship and no one is requesting that to be taken away.

Let's just put everybody on an equal playing field.

Blogger Staisha said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I'm with you on this one. My mother immigrated to this country the LEGAL way. She is a citizen of the United States LEGALLY. It pisses me off that you would have these assclowns on TV waving a Mexican flag demanding rights for ILLEGAL aliens. Hey here's an idea for the assclowns...if you really want to get everyday Joe and John on your side DON'T wave another country's flag on the country of which you are in ILLEGALLY on CNN! and people wonder why LEGAL residents get pissed.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
to all Wetbacks GO Home. you cannot come and do as you please if you think you can you need to take a number. you need to learn english and not change our national anthem. i am tired of paying for you throygh wellfare and social security cause god knows it wont be there for me when i will need it. so go home take a number shut the fuck up and if we decide to let you in we will give you a call