Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, May 22, 2006
That's kind of what I feel like right now. The summer always grabs people at the beginning and refuses to let go, sort of the way your mom told you that turtles bite and won't let go until they hear thunder...or maybe that was just me.

This time of year always puts me on a moving sidewalk and you can either decide to let it go or walk against it and try to stay in one place, but the movement is there...even if the moving sidewalk is all in your mind.

I think this comes from many many years of schooling where as soon as you learned to be social, you made plans with your friends about how great it was going to be to have the endless summer show up and hang out late on a Wednesday night. It carried on through college, when the summer was when I really began to love Athens and accept it as my home.

With so many friends finding their way out of the Classic City and taking new direction within their own lives, it makes you realize how the summer time is stereotyped as the ending of one thing and the beginning of something brand new. Television series end in the summer right when movie season kicks up, college ends and internships begin, and those around you finally get the gumption, movtivation, whatever you wish to call it, to pack everything up and try something new.

New Years is the time when people make their plans for change so that the next year they're not making the same plans again. The summer is when those plans become realistic (anyone else trying to lose weight?).

Right now the summer has me by the throat and is choking the complacency right out of me. The opportunities I have in front of me include bar proprietor, public relations AE, morning show host, or the current "toothpaste pusher." It's all complicated and it's all in the fledgling stages and I just don't know where to go.

But I want to go.

I know I fit somewhere, in someplace and with someone, but for right now I feel like I'm stuck on a train with no train station in sight, but there are all these stops along the way that I can't take a peek at because, and this is a revelation, trains can't turn.

But life is okay. And I'm thankful for that.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
2 Comments:
Blogger Corley said...
Keep the head AND the heart in check, and make sure you honestly know the difference. We got your back.

Blogger Brett said...
I like that, Scott.