Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
I had the distinct pleasure of visiting the Classic City last Saturday night when a friend came up to visit for his birthday.

Needless to say, I had a blast as always.

It amazes me sometimes how much Athens feels like home every single time I go there. You would think however, that it would feel more comfortable during the football season since I'm such a huge fan of the Dawgs, but that is not the case. Athens in the summer is by far the greatest atmosphere to experience on a Saturday night after a heavy rainstorm that has cooled the temperature of the not-so-smog-filled air.

I can honestly say that there were times throughout that night where I felt happiness, sadness, joy, elation, and gratitude towards the fond memories I have of living there. We had a great time overall just hopping from bar to bar and being able to drink how and where we wanted (real world jobs allow you to actually buy drinks). I was fortunate enough to see a few old faces as well as a couple of newer ones. I had the pleasure of seeing two of the most beautiful girls on the planet that I have known from the first two of the now three phases of my life. The heart strings are still sore from being tugged so much.

I came back to Atlanta in somewhat of a somber mood, wishing I could have just stayed one more day to sleep in and feel the laid back atmosphere of the town at 2 P.M. But, the real world was calling and apparently, they were calling collect and I accepted the charges.

With so many close friends and essentially "family" moving out of Athens in droves, I question the dream-turned-opportunity quite often, wondering if it's the right move at the right time and most importantly, for the right reason. However, with the new found independence I now have from some hefty obligations I figured if I don't do it now, I never will, regardless of the reason.

Anyone up for another trip to the classic city in mid-late August?

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
3 Comments:
Blogger Brett said...
Soon.

Blogger Stacy said...
I haven't been back to Athens since I left. I'm scared I'm going to be sad when I go back because I know I'll have to leave, but I'm down for a trip in August. Call me!

Blogger georgiagirl said...
August 26th, I think, is a Skirts gig... And given we have no place to stay, we should get a suite at the hilton garden in...
I'm in.