Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, July 09, 2006
So tonight I went and watched this movie, and while I enjoyed it, I don't know if my life would've been drastically different if I'd have waited for video. It leaves you a bit perplexed as to how the next one will go (as well as when the next one is coming out...since both the 2nd and 3rd were filmed at the same time), but I guess that's the point.

All in all, I'd give it 6.5 out of 10 just on pure animation, Johnny Depp, KEIRA "HOT AS HELL" KNIGHTLEY (who has also been in my top 3 since "Love Actually"), and the music, which is particularly good. However, since my title doesn't involve "master" as much as it does "beer drinker," I don't know how good the music is in terms of what real musicians think. It should be interesting to note that this movie moves a bit slow and the plot takes a second or two to develop. However, it's borderline as to movie or rental. It's your call.

One more thing when deciding to see this one, if those at the movie theatre tell you that there's a clip at the end of the credits that you can stay and watch, just get up and leave and call me. I'll save you a good 7 minutes and no line getting out the door. It offers no insight into the next movie and basically tells you shit that you already knew. I really think they just had an extra clip they wanted to throw in and said "what the hell, put it at the end."

By the way, if you haven't seen the movie, do yourself a favor and do ZERO research on the third and final installment. It will give too much away.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
1 Comments:
Blogger Stacy said...
I tried to tell the people I was with that the clip after the credits was crap, but they wouldn't listen. Once again, you were right! ;)