Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, September 24, 2006
So I wont. Not for very long at least.

We damn near beat ourselves on Saturday. Hell, even I got caught up in the hype of what (on paper) seemed like a very easy contest between UGA and a very bad Colorado team. Again, the Gods of College Football showed me why I live, eat, sleep and breathe this sport 24/7 as I was witness to ALMOST one of the greatest underdog stories in the history of UGA football; but one that wouldn't have been in our favor.

To say the win is bittersweet is an understatement. 60 minutes have never before in the Mark Richt regime created more questions than answers. We showed up flat and the team with more heart nearly won the contest. The team with the best athletes actually won, but you have to think that the quality loss (if there is such a thing) shows that Dan Hawkins inherited a program that he can do a lot with if given the time.

We did not deserve to win that game. WVU '06, UT '03, UCF '99, Purdue in '00, and BC in '01, are all examples of how we can find ways to not show up against teams we think we can easily beat. Every year we read our own hype, believe it, and expect the pundits to win the games for us. However, we established character for this win and we'll never come out flat for another game for the rest of the year.

I don't know about the QB situation. I personally believe that for Stafford's sake, you start him next week against Ole Miss, but you rotate Cox in LIBERALLY. The QB with the hot hand keeps the job. Stafford's young and needs grooming. Cox is young and had a very good game after not looking so hot against WKU. I just hope all the Dawg fans that had a chubby over Stafford finally see that he is not the savior for UGA...yet.

One thing I want to make absolutely sure to mention...Hearing our fans boo our team is deplorable. I understand that you donate money every year so you may have the seats in Sanford that you have. However, our fans have the tendency to do stupid shit at the drop of a hat. When we're trying to recruit the BEST TALENT IN THE NATION, you do not boo your team at a crucial point in the game, I.E. just before halftime. To put it simply, it was as dumb as it gets, and a true mark of how idiotic our fans can be at times. I'm still sick over that. Even if the team would've lost, please understand that those kids are just that...KIDS. They become men on the football field throughout the course of their careers, but they're not there yet. Act like you've had better raising.

In going along with that sentiment it should be mentioned that I had the pleasure to meet some Colorado fans and they were all extremely nice.

Some quick hits before I let you go:

1. I have a fantastic quote for the weekend that is no where near postable due to the "graphic nature" of how to seduce a commonly talked about seducible woman. If you'd like to hear it, let me know, but I can't put it here even though I said I would. Too many eyes whose owners I don't know read this blog now and I might get a couple of e-mails about it. Just know it involves Woody Allen movies, Mashed Potatoes, and being soaked.

2. It was great to see some good people this weekend like Trina and The Song Writer. I listened to some old Redcoat recordings from '99 and watched the videos from 2002 and 2003. Good times would be a severe understatement

3. I also saw and spent time with someone I have a history with. It was nicer than I thought it would be, which is a good thing.

4. I got drunk. It was fabulous.

5. Some changes to the blog are coming soon. More like updating links and the like, so nothing major. Just so you know...

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
3 Comments:
Blogger galarza said...
i wanna hear the quote you can't post.

Blogger Moose-Tipping said...
I'd love to hear the quote.

pwalters1982@gmail.com

Blogger Stacy said...
It was UT '04...the only reason I remember is cause I was with my drunk ass roommate at St. Scary's and it turned out to be an even worse game when we lost too.