Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Friday, September 15, 2006
So many of you may not know this, but I actually have relatives living elsewhere, and when I say "elsewhere" I mean "north." Not too long ago I caught up with a distant cousin of mine who also expressed an interest in college football, but from a different perspective, and by "different perspective" I mean "very not politically correct."

Needless to say, after many e-mails I finally gave in to letting the ole cuz' take the reigns and test drive The Dawg-gone Blog for a game that should be winnable, but is still worth of discussion, I.E. UGA vs. UAB.

Well let's not keep you waiting any longer. I give you my cousin; Geno Belafonte.



Como Estan Bitches?

UAB vs. UGA. Also known as "the game UGA shouldn't lose, but could find a way to." Personally I think all of you southerners are full of crap when it comes to football, but what do I care? I'm here to tell it like it is, unlike my weak ass cousin who bleeds red and black so badly, if someone cut him open, he'd be only 3 colors away from a kickass Bob Ross painting.


Go Dawgs.

UGA is coming off a very big win against a USC team that flat out sucks. The Dawgnation are walking around like they did something special when the real test will come this weekend as the Super Mario villains blitz the hell out of new QB Matthew Stafford.

Personally, I think the Dawgs have the game, but here's a couple of keys to success from yours truly:

1) Run the ball effectively: This is simple to do, but UGA has "the best running game in the history of the universe" and still sometimes can't seem to get the ground game going. Having a SLIGHTLY bit deeper O-Line this week might help, but the truth is, they just need to let their RBs do their thing.

2) Play action Matt Stafford: If number 1) shakes out, then this one will be a breeze. The kid has a helluva arm and aside from a couple of bone-headed mistakes against USC, UGA could really use a kid that can be a threat to throw deep. Once his mind gets right, the rest will fall into place.

3) Keep UAB off the field: Again, relatively simple with our caliber of defense, but you'd be surprised as to how difficult it could be. Ask Oklahoma if UAB sucks. Then ask Oklahoma if THEY suck. If both answers aren't yes, then Oklahoma is lying about the first question.

I believe this game is going to be won or lost on the line of scrimmage and how well Stafford gets the passing game going. If UAB does what USC should've done, then UGA might have a tough day. If not, the "hype of the century" continues and UGA fans everywhere will need to buy more lotion and tissues.

Anyway score is:
UGA -- 27
UAB -- 13

Cheers bitches!





So there you have it, straight from "the man" himself. Personally, I agree with every statement except I think Captain Yankee left out the kicking game, which I think we'll see a lot of on Saturday. Should Ely-Kelso and Coutu do their thing, we win this easily and they make our defense look good.

Kit Kitchens' Predicted Score:
UGA -- 23
UAB -- 13

Until next time kids.

Be safe (and Go Dawgs!).

P.S. -- Let me know what you think of Belafonte. If you like him, I'll let him come back. If not, he's toast.
2 Comments:
Blogger Stacy said...
You crack me up! Y'all both sucked at your predictions, but it's ok because the final score was MUCH better. ;)

Blogger Brett said...
Is that a Green Bay Packers sign behind your cousin in that picture?