Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, September 20, 2006
First, the hits:

1) It appears that Pollack is going to be fine. Every day I see another article where it states he is expected to make a full recovery and possibly return to action next year. That is a huge relief for someone who has possibly the biggest motor of any UGA player in decades.

2) PWD has a couple of short posts over at his site. One of those is on Colorado giving our defense some bulletin board material. I personally think hyping the other team with the number two scoring defense in the nation thus far is a bad idea. But what do I know? I don't play. I just coach from the sidelines. Also, check out the post on UGA's decision to shrink the family friendly zones.

3) The King has an excellent post about comparing Grey's Anatomy characters to SEC schools (the photo of Izzie is hotter than shit). Anything Grey's Anatomy is worth a read to me, especially if it backs my opinion that Meredith Grey is a slut. This one doesn't, but I'll take what I can get since EVERYONE DISAGREES WITH ME....except any guy.

4) We get Dannelle Ellerbee (spelling NOT checked) back on Saturday. Refer to number 2) on this list for an idea on his impact.


Now onward to Redcoat stuff:

1) I came across this link (CLICK THAT LINK!!!!) via Russ' site. I would LOVE to find out who did this and who had the time/patience/hatred to get it done. I'm sure there's a great story I haven't heard behind that since I geniunely have no idea who did it. In other news, if I died tomorrow, I'd leave my middle finger to that asshole. I always wanted to give it to him anyway.

2) Recently after a post on Dawgsports.com (The King's site), I got a request from someone who asked me to give some words to the Redcoat Chant. I figured since this site is now being read by people who might not have been in Redcoats, here is a good of place as any...

The Chant (every line repeated by the girls):

Hey lift your head up to the sky
'Cause we're the Redcoats passing by
And if you heard what I just said
Get down on your knees and bow your head

Go Dawgs
Go Dawgs
Go Dawgs
Go Dawgs

Hey what's that coming down the track?
A huge machine that's red and black
Ain't nothing finer in the land
Than the Georgia Redcoat Marching Band

Go Dawgs
Go Dawgs
Go Dawgs
Go Dawgs

Four clicks followed by the band playing "Go Georgia Bulldogs"
After 8 "Go Georgia Bulldogs" being sung, the band moves on to:

G!
E!
O!
R!
G!
I!
A!

Goooooooooo Dawgs! Sic 'Em!

Hey get up off-a that thing HUH!

Drum Break
Raise roof

HUH!

After another Drum Break you hear a rumbling start about 12 beats before you hear:

AAAAAAHHHHHHH SOCK IT TO ME, SOCK IT TO ME, HELL YEAH!

HA HA HA
HO HO HO

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

More drum break
Sousa's swing
Drum's slow...

HUH!

AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Now it should be noted that sometimes in between spelling "GEORGIA" during the chant, the band has been known to insert, for example:

G!
E:
Kit Kitchens is a
O!

Ect. ect.


I hope that clears some stuff up. Preview coming tomorrow.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

P.S. -- If I screwed the chant up, I'm sorry....unfortunately it's been a while since I've done it.
4 Comments:
Blogger Chris said...
chant-er-iffic. They've added in some "woot-woot" type noises during the drum break as well.
And, pretty much every year the trombones will add in some verse that will have to be removed as soon as it's heard!

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Dannell Ellerbe.

that is all.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
You forgot the hop! How could you forget the hop! ;-)

Blogger Brett said...
I am commenting from Athens, just to do it. When I get back to Nashville, I will comment again and see if it looks any different.