Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, October 30, 2006
So the annual trip down below the state line to watch us come oh-so-very-close to beating the Gators has come and gone. I thought it would be decent of me to post some pictures of the trip and then later on this week put up some thoughts of the game. There's not much to cover that hasn't already been said, so I'll just hit the highlights.

Gameday started with a trip to the stadium, where I immediately decided to take in a few moments about the day and what was to come...

"Well that's bigger than any building in Perry."


After a few minutes spent setting up the tailgate, I went to a fellow blogger's tailgate to bring tidings of comfort and joy (see: Sweetwater 420) to say thanks for being a Damn Good Dawg while The Dawg-gone Blog is trying to get off the ground and get recognized. A good conversation of football ensued and then I left to head back my own liquor paradise.


When I returned to the tailgate, I bumped into some old friends (see: a shit-ton of people) and we had a helluva time.



That's a fine picture.



Mason getting it done.



Abby and Stacy, doing what they do best...looking pretty.


Of course, there's always time to pay tribute to those that came before you...


We miss you, Shock.


And when you have a rockin' tailgate going on, even celebrities want to stop by. It was great to meet you, Mr. Federline. Somehow I always knew he was a Gator fan...


"Peep the new album. Guaranteed to make the Billboard 10,000 ya heard?"


Anyway, we got into the stadium and had some great seats to watch one pretty bad first half of football.


Here I am contemplating how I'm going to explain this at work on Monday.


Then, we started to make a charge and things appear to be getting better.


And here's me breaking my neck trying to see if the penalty was justified or not.



I also have got to give it to the Redcoats. They hung tough and aside from some personal gripes about song selection in the 4th Quarter, they kept most of the Dawg fans in the game.


How sweet it is...


But, as the trend has been of late, we were not destined to pull this one out, even though we played with a lot of heart and determination. Florida was just too good.


It's ok boys, you still have each other.


And hell, there's always next year.





Until next time kids.

Be safe.


P.S. -- All photos courtesy of Jeb and his badass camera.
1 Comments:
Blogger Unknown said...
Kit,

Thanks for the Beer!!! Good to meet you guys.

Paul Westerdawg