Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
I've got about 25 minutes to blog since it's trivia night at this fine establishment and our team name is....

"Shag the Cheerleader. Save the world."

I'm PUMPED about that name.

Anyway, here's a couple of things happening in the Dawgosphere:

1. PWD has a couple of noteworthy articles on the state of the OL. It's worth a read if you want to be totally freaked out about the future.

2. David Ching continues to impress me with how much stuff he gets but never puts in the paper. Reading his site is like stealing from Rivals.com. It's beautiful.

3. No real big news on the recruiting front. I don't see the Florida loss hurting us, but it definitely didn't help our cause. It's pretty much like I said when I placed UGA in a no-lose situation if we kept the game close.

4. My thoughts on Florida have pretty much been covered already by everyone else. The mistakes continue to kill us slowly, but we're not dead yet. Hell, I still believe we're a 10-win team if we can get past a hungry Cats team and then catch Auburn sleeping before 'Bama (I would love the Peach Bowl vs. Clemson, but I don't see it happening unless Clemson REALLY screws up). What I would like to address AGAIN is the constant booing of our players. Martrez realizes he screwed up. STOP BOOING. It does nothing to help our kids and help our recruiting so don't do it. As a friend put it, "You can say 'What the f*ck' really loudly, 'Come on Martrez' really loudly, or 'You suck' really loudly, but when our fans collectively boo...it's shit." Well put.

I'll be blogging again before the week is out with my thoughts on the Kentucky game, and I'm sorry for being crappy this week, but my boss is out and work is hell.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
2 Comments:
Blogger Brett said...
I'm amazed that you got that quote, but I would say it's pretty much exactly right. You weren't recording the call, were you?

Blogger Mr. Oubre said...
Shag the cheerleader- hysterical. Been thinking that one all day.