Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, November 12, 2006

"Which once again proves my theory: Germans love David Hasselhoff!"


Well, we kicked some major ass on Saturday didn't we?

I mean from start to finish the Dawgs played a very impressive game against a sluggish Auburn team that treated us like a lowly 1-AA team that they whoop up on so badly ALL THE TIME. You know, the same kind of team that they schedule at least twice every single year and then they bitch when they run the table and get left out of the National Championship game?

Anyway, so we won. Convincingly.

Some quick photos from the game will prove that it was decidedly in our favor (below):


Trust me, he's more pissed that the girl behind him turned him down.


Proof that Auburn is the red-headed step-sister of Alabama.


"I can't believe I shaved my legs for this."


From Cox's collection called "The Dumbest Thing I've Ever Done"

No INTs is probably the biggest change I noticed that kept our team focused. The fumbles I can deal with to an extent because those are physical errors in not securing the ball; not mental errors of forcing the ball in tight coverages.

Anothing glaring omission was blown coverages in the secondary. Auburn never really got anything started because Brandon Cox didn't have time to throw and we never gave up on route runners. Overall, the secondary played its best game this year and it was very reminiscent of the UGA/Boise State game to open the 2005 season. The King has a better statistical breakdown of the game than I do over at his site.

The bad news is because we beat Auburn, it makes a trip to the Chick-fil-A Bowl just a little tougher since only one SEC team looks to be able to go to the BCS. I fully expect that team to be Arkansas. That is one good squad that Nutt (HA!) has put together.

Anyway, so you have Florida going to the Capital One, Auburn/LSU to the Cotton, Tennessee to the Outback, USC to the whoever-will-take-them-bowl, Alabama to the Independence, Kentucky to the Liberty, Arkansas to the Sugar, LSU/Auburn to the Chick-fil-A to take on the loser of the ACC title game (Georgia Tech), and UGA to the Music Shitty Bowl. That's one helluva bowl scenario.

So let's take a week off to let the recruits salivate over our facilities and the direction of the program. Let's let the players sleep in on Saturday and go to church on Sunday. Hell, let's just take a week off in general. I'll still be here, but unless something earth-shattering happens, I'm just going to do what I do best, which is relax.

I love UGA football more than anything on this planet, but it's going to be nice to take a weekend off.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.
1 Comments:
Blogger Brett said...
My liver can definitely use the break. I'll bet yours can too.