Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Tuesday, December 12, 2006
This time of year usually reunites friends and family that swore they'd keep in touch roughly around this time last year. I have been the beneficiary of such greetings and salutations lately through my Grandfather's passing as well as the nature of the season.

Every time I bump into an old friend we do the best to catch up and it usually begins with "How's it going?"

Well, here it is...

"This past Saturday UGA hosted 11 recruits into the Classic City. We received another commitment from another OL prospect, which is always nice. I swear we're going to have a team after all next year. You just wait. The future looks bright.

I got a raise at work on Monday which makes it tough to continue work on Project Moderation. I'll keep on going, but the nice benefit makes it easier to plan for the future and that's why we work so hard now...so we don't have to tomorrow. Hell, at least the raise and bonus will make a pretty good Christmas for the ones around me. I'm still single so I got no one to buy for but family and friends. Someone should enjoy my money more than me, right?

I've been traveling a lot lately to see some friends that I've been meaning to see. Everyone I've visited so far seems to be doing well. There's a few engagements, a pregnancy here and there, but a lot of smiles and a lot of good memories to go with that good news. Right now, things are pretty much as they should be in most of the areas of their lives. They have a lot to be thankful for when they think about it.

As far as Atlanta life, I'm really enjoying it. I still miss Savannah from time to time, but I really do love knowing that I'll be receiving a paycheck every 15 days. That's a luxury that I think most of us take for granted, but I don't regret any of the time I spent there. It pretty much forced me to appreciate what I've had, what I have, and what I want to become. You can't really put a paycheck on that can ya? I've got good friends up here and really good roomates. I've been blessed to live closer to family and being only 90 miles away from Athens ain't too bad either.

But all in all I'm doing well and really trying to keep up with the blogging when I can. It works as a great stress reliever and gives me something to do when I'm bored as hell. I get a good many visits a day, but I think most of those come from people researching the Keira Knightley photo I posted up over the summer. That chick has been better for my hit count than anything I have ever written.

Most of the time I hate not being settled down with a good girl and on my way to having a family, but at other times I kind of see it as the way things should be with all the other things I'm trying to do. We'll see how that all works out in the future I guess.

I've still got some weight to lose and I've got some more things to learn before I can say 'I'm there,' but man life in the middle of this season just doesn't get any better if you take a moment to look around and realize all that you have. Trust me, I tend to see the same thing over and over again, but the view isn't bad at all.

And how are you?"


Until next time kids.

Be safe.
4 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Congratulations on your raise. Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings & be so thankful for having a good life. Merry Christmas!
Btw, the girl will come - trust me.

Blogger Stacy said...
why, I'm great! Thanks for asking! Heard anymore Fray lately, cause I heard something that reminded me of you! check myspace! :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...
I was a member of Rivals, and while they do certainly throw a lot of information out there, I ended up cancelling the subscription. I finally got fed up with rummaging through the crap and the nasty posters, especially on the Vent, to get to the good pieces of info. Honestly, I think being a member there made me actually enjoy football less. I would suggest that you stay on the Vault and hope and pray the Vent vermin don't decide to start up on there any time soon. As far as rock solid info goes out there in the recruiting internet world,however, there are some posters on Dawgpost that must be in the know because when they do post (which isn't a whole lot), it pretty much always comes to pass. I would also like to say that when I was a paying member on Dawgpost, hanging out in the Chat room was always a fun, friendly, and often enlightening experience. To sum up the pros and cons of the different sites, Rivals has a lot of the official info and quick updates on recruiting and Dawgpost has a far better community and usually the same recruiting info comes up in Chat even if it doesn't always make the front page as a story. I am not affiliated with either site currently, but I thought I would give you my perspective as I have been a member of them both at one time or another.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
what is project moderation? Sounds interesting. Let me know.