Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, January 08, 2007
Over recent weeks I have found myself in a bit of a pinch trying to decide who exactly I wanted to win this obvious "Meteor Game" between Ohio State and Florida.

While I will NEVER consider myself to be a fan of the Gators, I must throw my support behind our jort clad SEC rivals. Here are the reasons why:

1. Any win for the SEC is a good one. Especially against the Big 10.

2. It will make our victory over Florida next year that much sweeter.

3. Charlie Strong (the reason for Florida's title appearance) will become a hot commodity and might leave if given the right opportunity.

4. I cannot tolerate the Ohio State fans that I work with any longer. The Florida ones have always been classy and respectful, while the Ohio State ones just get worse and worse (Editor's note: Ohio State IS the best team in the land. They have "earned" their annoying demeanor).

So, I have decided that the best thing to do is not to cheer for Florida, but to root openly against Ohio State, while supporting the conference that my beloved Dawgs call home.

Go SEC!


Until next time kids.

Be safe.
2 Comments:
Blogger Paige said...
I'm having a really hard time with this game. I like your philosophy though. I may have to adopt it myself.

Blogger JoJo said...
Screw that I would not root for a gator in a plane crash! Im rooting for a good game that ends in a very contraversal win so neither team has a legit claim to a title! GO DAWGS!!!!!!