Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Saturday, February 24, 2007
As I write this, UGA is riding a 14-point lead over MSU with about 4 minutes left in the game. I was at lunch watching the first half and my honest opinion is that aside from stupid turnovers, we've played a very solid one so far. This is especially true in the areas of fouling and ball movement. I've seen a lot of inside play and great passes to create openings. It also doesn't hurt to keep beating our opponents on the boards.

Takais is having a very solid game as he has racked up 17 so far. ANOTHER great pass to share the rock as Newman drove in and dished it to Stukes for a 3-ball. We are really having great court vision today, and Stukes is no joke right now shooting the rock.

It's now 81-64 with a little over 2 minutes left. We've pretty much locked this one up and I say if it's still a 15-point lead with over a minute and a half left, we rest the starters and get some other guys quality minutes. However, MSU just hit two 3's in a row and have cut it to 13.

Game's over. The starters never got to truly rest, but it's all good. Big win for the Dawgs today.

I'll be honest; if we go into Rupp and play solidly off the glass, move the ball well, and shoot like we just did, we MIGHT have a chance. Rupp is one of the toughest places to play in the SEC, if not the toughest, and the fans there know what's at stake. We're playing for the second spot behind Florida, a decent seed in the SEC Tourney, and a trip off of the bad side of the bubble. Their fans know this because Kentucky is going after the exact same things (excluding the bubble part).

I'm really pumped about the fan support I saw on television. We had a good crowd in there today and the fans (especially the students) showed up for some support. All in all, a very solid win for the program today to ensure Felton does NOT have a losing season in the SEC this year.

As PWD said in his Ole Miss recap, you never really know which team is going to show up this year. The SEC is tough on the road and we could play our best game in Rupp and still walk out with a loss. However, if we play solid basketball like we did today, we'll definitely have a shot.

In a side-related note, it's obvious I have not been blogging as much, but I did want to take the time to say thanks to some of the Web sites that have linked up the South Park characters for the College Football Conferences that I sent PWD about a week ago. It's brought a lot of new people to the site, and I really encourage any new visitors to leave me a comment or send me an e-mail at KitZeus99 [at] aol.com with any thoughts or impressions you have.

Big thanks for the links need to go to:

PWD
Brian Cook with AOL Sports Blog
Scott with the Georgia Tech Sports Blog (he spells my name wrong, but hell, he DID go to Tech)

Also, it should be noted that I'm not the person who created the South Park Coaches Parody, so if you are, please leave me a note or shoot me an e-mail so I can give credit where credit is due.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: