Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Dear Friends,

Yesterday when Georgetown was completely throwing my bracket in the shitter, I had an epiphany of sorts. It seems that I was the victim of one of the seven deadly sins....Greed.

You see, when I took part of the multi-office NCAA Pool for this year, I really wanted to give it my best effort. I wanted to win, of course, but the truth is I just wanted to have a good showing since last year's effort was mediocre at best. In order to do this, I had to do some research and pick the teams which I thought were the best in the nation. One of those teams was the University of Florida. Hell, I even had them winning the whole thing.

After the first two rounds, I figured I was out of it. Even though my Final Four teams were still in it, I didn't think I had a realistic shot of winning. Then, after the Sweet 16 and Elite 8, it appeared I had the opportunity to win something in the nature of $600. This is where my demise began...

I found myself rooting for Florida. It was disgusting. I knew it was wrong and I willingly did it anyway.

So, please allow me to formally apologize for this travesty. Hopefully in the future I will be wise enough to deny the impulse of Greed and instead take the righteous path. I appreciate your support throughout this trying time. It's nice to be back.

Go Dawgs.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:
Blogger Moose-Tipping said...
Greedy bastard... (UCLA didn't even have a chance...)

Blogger Russell said...
On behalf of The University of Georgia; I'm going to need for you to turn in your ring and you tie tack. 'Cause man, you are out of the Dawg nation.

Blogger JoJo said...
Welcome back to the land of the sane. "Its great to be a gator hater."

Blogger Chris said...
Just send me your winnings, and all will be forgiven!

Blogger Corley said...
I feel you. At least YOU didn't apply for a tenure position at their School of Music.

Blogger Oob said...
Thanks for the text! And I forgive you. {hug}