Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Friday, October 26, 2007
Well it's raining cats and dogs down here right now. We got in yesterday about 4:00 PM and then went to the Sunbury Crab Co. in Sunbury, GA to get something to eat.

If I may, let me suggest to you Dawg fans in those condominiums the Sunbury Crab Co. I went to college and am really good friends with the guy whose parents own the place and it's unique to say the least. The food is excellent, adequately priced, it's a very casual dining atmosphere, and it will rock your face off. For you seafood lovers, the blue crab is caught daily and I hear the crab cakes are knock-your-socks-off good. I don't eat seafood, so I wouldn't know. Sorry for the digression, but if you're in the area, it's worth checking out.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and let you folks know what else is going on around here other than football madness.


  • It looks as if the game is inching closer and closer to being a rainy one. If you're traveling and still looking for tickets, you should be able to find them relatively cheap because I don't think many people want to sit out in the rain for this matchup.
  • The hotel we stay in is usually packed with Dawg people, but so far there hasn't been much of that going on. That should change later on today as people stroll in, but the lady at the front desk told us there were tons of cancellations. The good news is there are still a lot of people who are filling those spots and they are still "sold out." Hopefully, those on the waiting list are Dawg people.
  • My guess is that the die-hard fans show up and give it their all, but the bandwagon folks are probably going to fall off somewhere around the state line and not make the trip.
  • From what I read (I'd link it up, but it's EVERYWHERE now), it looks like Caleb King will probably play on Saturday. I raised the question on PWD's blog about whether or not that had something to do with his ability as a special player, or our lack of confidence in Shaun C. or Jason J.'s ability to fill the backup role. It's looking more towards the latter rather than the former.
  • Doug Gillett has reworked his initial prediction about the Dawgs vs. Gators, but the outcome is about the same. Either way, it's still a great read and worth checking out.

Alright, that's all I've got. I hope you guys enjoy the rest of the weekend. Depending on how we play, I might update Saturday after the game, but I'll pretty much be out of pocket until Sunday.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Russell said...
What is rain and what is it doing to the cats and dogs?