Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Saturday, October 27, 2007
Nevermind that I picked the Dawgs to lose.

Nevermind that I picked the Dawgs to lose by 17.





I was proved wrong.

I'll post my "official" recap tomorrow evening sometime after I get a little bit more time to digest the win, take a look at the stats, and form a less biased opinion on what I saw. However, there are some things that need to be mentioned right here and now:

1) The swagger is back -- The Defense showed up ready to punch someone in the mouth and did not disappoint me at all. We still have some tackling issues, but all in all, you couldn't have asked for a better effort. One name that sticks out is Rennie Curran, who showed how much of a man he really can be.

2) Knowshon is ready to be the feature back -- The fact that we didn't have to rip the redshirt off of Caleb King proves that Kno-Mo is ready to carry the load and carry it well. He was absolutely stunning all night long and stepped up his game on a national stage. This kid might be the heart and soul of this team and if we're lucky we can keep him for 3 more years.

3) No excuses for Florida -- My main gripe here is them talking about Tebow being hurt. I consider a player "hurt" when he isn't playing. It was Urban's call to play him and therefore, there can be no excuses for the Gators. If they want to count this as a non-victory because Tebow wasn't 100%, then we can count 2005 as a victory because D.J. was hurt.

4) We can't read anything until Troy -- Go ahead and lock the players up in a room now. Don't let them have any contact with the outside world. If they do, then we will have a bad showing this upcoming weekend. Since it is not my intention to suck it up after such a marquee win, we need to make sure our players don't believe their own hype.

5) I picked Florida to win by design -- This weekend, I bought a new shirt, intentionally didn't go to the game, and purposely picked them to win just to throw the universe back in working order. Did I expect to win? Kind of and not really at the same time. It felt like an upset was possible since about Wednesday, but I didn't want to say anything in fear of a jinx. I know one thing, I was f*cking fed up with losing and am very VERY VERY glad to say....I was wrong.



More tomorrow evening.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Paige said...
WOOHOOOOOO! Doing a happy dance in my living room!! I'm so excited I just can't stand it!! I hate being at home and not in Jacksonville. A little ticked off that my oldest nephew could have gotten 2 free tickets and didn't. Ugh!!

I just want to scream and I'm not around anyone who is feeling it like I am. It is driving me nuts!!!!

Whew, now I must calm down. There is still a lot of football to be played. We are not in control yet.

Awwww, heck..........I'm going to enjoy this one for the rest of the week!! We deserve it!! ;-)