Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
Sorry for the lack of posting earlier today. It’s been a hectic week so far with me coming back to work after 2 days off for the WLOCP. I haven’t had much time to write due to all the catching up, so here’s a quick look as to what’s going on right now.

Recruiting wise, the Dawgs picked up two huge targets today in Dontavious Jackson (D. Jax) as well as Sanders Commings. D. Jax is a big RB get for us and pretty much locks up the next few years at the position. This gives us 1 So., 1 R. Fr., and 2 True Freshman at the position for next season. I know that Knowshon is a very capable playmaker, but I'm very nervous about our depth. Hopefully, the commitment of D. Jax today will give us a solid backup.

I'll be honest, I know Sanders Commings is a special kid, but I haven't done a ton of research on him. I think UGA has him projected as a safety or some type of secondary player. I think it's possible for him to be a LB, but not likely. I could be completely wrong, though.

Either way, both of these kids are great athletes and can help us. This is shaping up to be one fine recruiting class.


Now, let’s take a look at what’s going on around the Blogosphere:

  • First of all, if you’re not reading Get the Picture, you’re missing out. Ally gave me a heads up about Senator Blutarsky not too long ago and he is quickly becoming one of my "must reads" every day. He's usually one of the first to break news and for required reading, you have to check out his posts earlier this week about the TD celebration. Let's just say UF has no room to talk.
  • PWD has taken a look at the 2008 Defense. It's a solid read, but personally I disagree with his position on the DEs. Yes, we have upgrades in size and experience, but we still lack that Quentin Moses, Charles Johnson, or David Pollack type DE. Yes, those guys were special players, and are diamonds in the rough at best, but I just don't see us causing a lot of chaos for QBs next year and that troubles me.
  • I'm a little late on this one, but Doug's view on the win over Florida is a good read as well. It's basically the "grab your balls and get over it, Gators" approach that everyone wants people to say, but can't because it's not PC enough.
  • Finally, Dawgs Online has a plethora of great reads. The most recent one with the stadium shot of an empty Florida section and a full Georgia section is a great pic. Past that however, he's got a great review of the Florida game as well. There's no need in posting up links to separate posts; just click over when you have some time to spare and read them all. They're worth it.


OL, well that does it for me. There should be a game preview late tomorrow night or early on Friday regarding the Troy game. I don't think I'll be going, but there's always an outside shot. I'd need a cheap ticket and a place to crash in order to make it happen, and neither of those exist yet, so we'll see.

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , ,