Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Well it’s no longer news now, so you’re not hearing anything you don’t already know, but apparently the UGA Seniors have asked the fans to blackout the game this Saturday. There were rumors about black uniforms as well, but those have been squashed, resurfaced, squashed again, and are now a solid "who knows."

As far as the blackout goes, I like it, but I will only be participating half-assed. The reason is not because I don’t care about the team, it’s because the new shirt I have is 2-0 and is hot right now. It’s on pace to finish the year strong and I don’t want to f*ck with that mojo. The funny thing is that the shirt I bought is red because I couldn’t find a black one in any stores. Oh sweet irony, how you toy with my emotions. Anyway, I guess I’ll wear my black fleece jacket over the top of my shirt so that I can participate as much as possible without pissing off the gods of stupid superstitions.

Sorry for the digression into my fashion for Saturday. My real take on the blackout is that if the Seniors ask for it, then we should comply. I mean we ask so much of these kids for our own personal entertainment that it’s the least we can do. Besides, if it jacks them up enough to make them play with the same amount of emotion they displayed against Florida, then I’ll do whatever it takes.

As far as the black jerseys go, I’d be all for that too. Look, our jerseys are not “classic.” Our Silver Britches are, but the jerseys have changed designs so much over the years, that it makes no difference to me which ones we wear. If the kids want to wear black, then dang it, let them wear black. Again, whatever gets them in the right frame of mind to win the game.

I think it’s pretty safe to say now that our team recognizes it has a minor problem in establishing a spark before a game. We needed the celebration at Florida, Knowshon to light it up on an 80-yard run against Troy, a fumble at Ole Miss, etc., etc., in order to get things going this year. I think it was a small cheap shot by Ching when he said that he figured winning the SEC East would be motivation enough, but I think it’s actually MATURE for our team to realize they need a little bit more to get motivated and want to do whatever it takes to get it.

All in all, I think this is a good idea. It seems a little Big Ten’ish, but if it’s what the team needs; it’s what the team will get from me. The only true way to see if it’s a good idea is to do one thing:

"Just win baby."



Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,