Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
First of all, sorry about the late List today. Work's been exhausting lately and it's pushed a lot of my posting behind.

I wish the college football season was year round. I live for Saturdays in the fall and it drives me crazy during the offseason when I don’t have a reason to grill out and get drunk. Besides, there are limitless amounts of drama with upsets, improbable plays, and stories of unbridled victory that just keep things interesting.

However, every season there are plenty of things that I could do without. So, let’s talk about them.



The Ten Things I’m “Over” in Regards to This Season:

10. Notre Dame’s “collapse” – Is anyone outside of South Bend really surprised by this? I mean you take a team that was embarrassed in the two BCS bowls they’ve been to, haven’t had a single marquee victory in nearly 10 years, and you call their inability to win games a surprise? You knew this ship was sinking as soon as Jimmy Clausen stepped out of his stretch Hummer to announce his commitment at the COLLEGE FOOTBALL HALL OF FAME. In the business, we call this “irony.”

9. Virginia Tech’s tragedy – I got it. If you root against Virginia Tech, you’re obviously a terrorist worthy of a Jack Bauer-sized beat down. Look, we all know that what happened was horrible. As horrible as it gets. However, it’s time to stop running the story into the ground in order to create drama during a game. It drives me crazy and honestly, I find it disrespectful and condescending to those who passed away.

8. Todd Blackledge’s eating out – This just pisses me off. He gets to go to all these places and eat some of the greasiest, nastiest food you’ve ever seen. I’m just flat out jealous and I’m not going to take it anymore.

7. Tim Tebow's crying -- He's a nice kid. He really is. I really can't hate the guy because he seems like a geniune person. But stop all that bitch-ass crying every time you lose. Sh*t, if he would've went to Georgia Tech, he could've kept us from having this drought.

6. Michigan vs. Appalachian State – Arguably one of the biggest upsets of all time and will be remembered anytime a Div. 1-A team takes the field against a Div. 1-AA team, but as of right now, it’s no longer worth talking about. When this game was played, Michigan had their eyes set on January already and didn’t show up and it ended up costing them a win. There is no more story past that. Put it to bed.

5. Houston Nutt and Arkansas – Nutt is fired after this year, and if he wasn’t, he should leave anyway. That team is in shambles and with the guarantee of Darren McFadden and Felix Jones both declaring for the draft at season’s end, he has nothing left. Nutt is gone, Arkansas fans will still be crazy, and the Razorbacks can go back to being an afterthought.

4. Bill Callahan’s downfall – Was anyone really surprised by this? Anyone? Nebraska fans, are you really shocked? No one? Well consider me surprised *cough, sarcasm, cough*. Seriously, the guy couldn’t coach in the NFL and was so bad that his own team basically kicked him out. There are only three things you have to do to win in college football: Run the ball, Throw the ball, Play defense. If you can’t do any of those three, you lose and get fired. It shouldn’t shock anyone.

3. USC not being in the National Championship – So many people picked the Trojans vs. the Tigers in the national title game that they’re just grasping for straws every time USC does something worthwhile. Look, they got handled by Stanford. They just ain’t as good as you thought this year…get over it.

2. People being shocked that this season is so topsy-turvy – That’s college football. That’s why we all love this sport so much. It’s the way it’s supposed to be. I hate it for all the journalists that have been just flat out wrong every week, but get over it. If you want predictability, watch baseball.

1. Mark May being right – This, more than anything, drives me absolutely crazy. I have been anti-Mark May since the first time I saw him on television and his bias against UGA is mind-numbing, but I keep finding myself agreeing with him over and over again. This year he has been spot on with MOST (but not all) of his analysis and I just can’t take it anymore. Agreeing with him is like finding your sister attractive. It’s possible, but no one considers it a good idea (outside of Alabama of course).



Well, that's all I have for right now. Enjoy!

Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,