Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Since the regular season is over, I figured The List would be better moved to Thursdays since I won't be previewing Saturday's games. Sorry The List has been missing for a few weeks. It doesn't necessarily come back with a "bang," but I'll take a decent "pop."



Saturday was a sad day for me. Not because Tim Tebow won the Heisman (which, by the way, I could care less about), but because the only college football was PLAYOFF football and none of those games included teams that I care about.

So, in honor of my sad Saturday, I figured the best way to bring The List back would be to take you through “a day in the life” and let you feel my pain.



The Ten Painful Experiences I had on my Football-less Saturday:

10. Wake up hungover at 1:00 PM – Yeah, this is what happens when Russ and I hang out in Atlanta the night before. We end up at a bar at 2:00 AM talking about doing a podcast for our blogs. Shot specials at Olives? Bad idea, people.

9. Go to the computer to check ESPN – Oh that’s right, they’re talking about the end of the season, the need for a playoff, and some crappy thing called the “Heisman Trophy Presentation.” Apparently four guys who will not be playing in a National Championship game are the candidates. I’m sure one of them will cry when they win it.

8. Move on to various blogs – Well, it seems that everyone else got the memo that UGA wasn’t playing today. Same stuff as Friday. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. Hell, I didn’t update mine either.

7. Realize that UGA Hoops is on at 14:00 – Sweet! Something to cheer for. Turn on the tube to see the Dawgs turn it on Wake Forest. I will admit that I felt weird when I screamed “tackle him!” on a fast break, and “take a knee!” when the lead was comfortably in our hands.

6. Fire up the Xbox 360 – Boogity Boogity Boogity, let’s go racing. Forza Motorsport 2 was my drug of choice and after pimping out a 1970 Chevelle and 2007 Bentley, it became painfully obvious that I haven’t gotten laid in a while.

5. Time for lunch – Microwave a couple of the greasiest frozen pizzas known to man. About halfway through the meal I noticed a weird feeling in my stomach. Oh yeah, that was the liquor from the night before getting pissed off that something was invading its territory.

4. Get ready for company holiday party – I’m a Xmas nut, and my company usually doesn’t disappoint when it comes to quality holiday functions. This year was a little more toned down, but as I go to get ready (i.e. shave and shower) I realize that my beard trimmer wasn’t charged. This wouldn’t normally be a problem, but since I haven’t shaved in two weeks, it was an issue. I trimmed up what I could to keep from looking like a total hobo, and got ready. Then got pissed because I’ve gained about 8 lbs due to the holiday season.

3. Get to Holiday party with all intentions of not drinking – Yeah, that lasted about five minutes. You give me five drink tickets and you’ve got yourself a recipe for me throwing all intentions of staying sober out the window. Nevermind that I spent most of my day hungover and nauseous. We’re talking about FREE ALCOHOL, people.

2. Look at cell phone at 10:00 PM and realize you’re more drunk than you should be – Time to start slamming water. We ain’t driving drunk in Buckhead with all those bars kicking the REALLY drunk people out onto the streets. I do stupid things, but I’m no fool. Wait, here comes a Dawg fan from my office. One shot of Jager to celebrate that Tebow has more Heismans than wins over UGA as a starter? Yeah, I’ll drink to that. What? He cried when he won? Another round, please.

1. Realize about halfway home that there was no football on today, so therefore no highlights to watch – Time to go to Krystals at 12:30 AM for some comfort food. Eat and weep myself to sleep knowing that I’ve now gained 9 lbs. over the holiday season.

So there you have it. Painful to read wasn’t it? Well, try living through it.

God I hope the bowl season starts soon and NEVER ends. I don’t know what I’m going to do on January 8.



Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Russell said...
Heh!

You were hung over? Your not cross training correctly during the week.

Blogger galarza said...
yes, you both should be cross-training with me.

its not as much fun without my old team. :(