Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Saturday, June 14, 2008
I'm a lucky person.  Flat out lucky as can be.  Lucky enough to have kept friendships that have lasted more than 2/3 of my life.  Lucky enough to have a family that still supports me blindly regardless of the circumstances.

I'm also lucky enough to have the ability to drive to Athens at least once every summer so I can take the time to slow down and remember what "home" feels like.  

This weekend is the weekend of the Unofficial Official Event.  Redcoats that I marched with, marched before me and marched after me will all meet on the 3rd floor of The Village Idiot somewhere around 8:00 pm.  If you're in town, you're more than welcome to stop by and be sure to bring some $$$ to donate towards to scholarship fund.  

Anyway, last night, I went and soaked in a summer night of drinking Downtown.  I drank Jack in Coke on the rocks AND in frozen form.  By the way, last night I was asked for the first time in my life whether or not I wanted my Jack and Coke frozen or on the rocks.  THAT will take your mind to a whole new level.

So I had a good time last night.  So good that I woke up this morning feeling like $671,586.  Not quite a million, but close enough to still enjoy my day.  I got up, went and got loads of Powerade Zero, some vanilla wafers, some pop tarts and Pepto.  Then, I took a trip to the Blind Pig and am currently sitting in my nice suite at the Gameday condo waiting for the Blind Pig cheese fries to release their deadly hold on me.  Then, I'll be headed out to make it all happen again tonight.  

Good times indeed.

But it's always something bigger this time of year.  We all get so busy that we forget sometimes what's really important.  Of course the drinking is fun but I'd spend this weekend sober as the Pope if I still got to hang out with the same people and experience the same fun.  Besides, at that point, I'd probably remember more anyway.

So, I'm logging off, but I wanted to put something on the blog to broadcast to the world that right now, where I sit, I'm the luckiest person on earth.  

And there's nothing better than that.  At all.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,