Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, June 16, 2008
There are a lot of things I just don't do.  I don't wear my Dawg Tags any time except game day or some type of championship event.  I don't shave the day before a football game.  I typically have 1 or 2 pairs of Gameday boxers and will only wear those boxers on Gameday.

I tend to be quite a superstitious about a lot of things. 

Which is why I don't write about Georgia Baseball.  I don't typically care that much about College Baseball in general and since I haven't blogged about how the team's been doing, I figured why do it now and potentially mess it up?

So what will I talk about instead?  

Well aside from The Event happening in Athens this past weekend, a host of hot shot recruits were at the Mark Richt Prospect Camp to show their stuff.  Verbal commits like Aaron Murray, Zach Mettenberger and Austin Long were in attendance (though Long didn't participate) and guys from the 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 classes were there to try and get on UGA's radar.

So far, the most praise has gone to Murray, who apparently showed fierce accuracy and skills in the pocket.  Also receiving a few nods were Marcus Lattimore, a talented RB out of South Carolina who is leaning towards the Gamecocks and Michael Bowman, who showed all around great skills at the WR position.

All in all, I think this camp was an opportunity for some kids who would otherwise fly under the radar because they just don't play on fantastic teams or go to lower-profile high schools, to get themselves in front of some UGA coaches and hope to have a good day to create some buzz.

So, no new commitments, but we did have some guys that showed out and some guys that learned a little bit about UGA.  I'll take that any day.

Pictures from Biloxi, Jeb's Wedding and The Event soon.  I promise. 


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:
Check this site out! Who has the best looking women? UGA or ASU?

www.thecollegefootballguys.blogspot.com