Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Of course I'm kidding.  But, I'm not going to discuss Sturdivant, Anderson and Lemon's arrest until more comes out about what exactly they did (or in the case of TS and JA, "didn't do").

In other news, those who follow me on Twitter and/or Facebook know that I took part in a short movie over the weekend.  Aside from being absolutely exhausted after the shoot, the experience was a blast and the final product is very well done. 

To give you the 5 peso version, I was lucky enough to take part in the 48 Hour Film Project with two friends I met in Vegas who have subsequently moved to Atlanta.  Aaron and Mel S. have put together one fine "uber drama" titled It's A Boy.  Before I provide a link, I'd like to pass on a few tidbits from the experience that I remembered once I saw the final product:
  • Aaron and Mel S. are superb at laying out an idea and shooting to fulfill that idea.  They were warriors all weekend long in staying up all night on Friday after the brainstorming session to write a script, shooting all day Saturday and then editing all Saturday night.

  • Putting together a seven minute-30 second movie is a helluva lot of work.  I can't imagine what it must be like to shoot a movie that will last anything over an hour.  We probably had an multiple hours worth of film, but a lot of scenes were shot in multiple angles to best tell the story so a LOT always ends up on the cutting room floor.

  • I'm much fatter on film than I'd ever like to admit to in real life.  The camera adds 10 pounds and all that, but even if the camera added zero pounds, I'd still be kicking myself for looking like that on film for the rest of my foreseeable days.

  • Drama is a good genre for them, but the truth is that a comedy really fits their style based on what I've seen.  We did a TON of laughing on the set and the wit from the people in the room is absolutely stunning.  This is probably the reason why Backlot Insiders is still one of my favorite short films period.  
So, with all of those things out in the open, I present to you It's A Boy.  I hope you like it as much as I did.

The screening is on Thursday.  I'm too lazy to type out where it will be screened, so please visit Beer Blog Pong This' blog to see where you can see it if you're in the Atlanta area.

More stuff coming soon.  It looks like I'm going to have more time on my hands due to the lack of budget and hopefully doing less eating.  


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Blogger Chris said...
I feel your pain Kit. When I saw myself on camera in Back Lot Insiders I wanted to cry.

Glad you guys had fun. Shooting for the 48fp is a once in a lifetime experience for most.

--C