Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, August 11, 2008
While we all anxiously await the news on Trinton Sturdivant (in case you haven't heard, he went down in the scrimmage today with an apparent knee injury), I thought I'd update you on the status of this blog as well as some things going on behind the scenes.

Regarding this blog:

1)  Lately I've been getting e-mails left and right from people wanting to be added to the blogroll. To me, that's a good problem to have because if people are blogging, there's excitement.  If there's excitement, it's because UGA is in a good position to do some things worth talking about. However, if you've sent me an e-mail and I haven't added you to the blogroll yet, it's because I just don't add random people without checking their blogs first. Don't take it personally.  I just want to make sure you're going to be around if I'm going to add you.  

2)  Secondly, I'm very appreciative of every single person that reads what I write and I cannot say that enough.  However, if you're looking for breaking news, I'll be honest, it's not what I do. Occasionally I'll jump onto something before others, but I rarely get it up on the site in time before anyone else.  I just wanted to make sure everyone knew that this site is written based on my opinion of UGA football and our gameplan for our opponents, the recruits we get, etc. I just didn't want anyone to be disappointed if it takes me a day or so to comment on something.


Regarding other blogs out there:

1) Catfish & Cornbread -- Ally (who writes a pretty damn good blog herself) directed me to their site a few weeks back and I'm really impressed with what I'm seeing.  Right now, they're counting down the days by doing features on our new recruits.  For a recruiting junkie like myself, I think it's cool as sh*t.

2) Top Dawg Blog -- I know this sounds like me blowing sunshine because of the interview I recently conducted with Rob Suggs, but the blog is full of that "I didn't know we did that" kind of information that makes me love UGA and its traditions.  Rob's doing an excellent job keeping it updated with stories that will (and some that will not) make the book. 

3) An Opinion on Sports -- I haven't checked this site daily, but when I do, I find all kinds of little tidbits that interest me.  For anyone who wants to hear about UGA football along with other sports in general, this is a good site to check out.  The post about Dale Murphy really brought back some memories.  I was quite young when he was traded to the Phillies and I remember vowing to never cheer for the Braves again.  Obviously, I lied, but I'm still pissed at them for trading my hero in the first place. 

3) As always, if you're not reading the Georgia Sports Blog, Get the Picture & DawgsOnline daily, you're just not getting everything you need to get.  Also check out Dawgbone.net and Sic 'Em Dawgs for links to whatever UGA-related stuff that flies under the radar.  


Ok, so that's it for right now.  As soon as I hear word about Trinton, I'll pass it along.  Think good thoughts.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels:

3 Comments:
Blogger JJ said...
Thanks for the kudos for C&C. We've actually been putting up write-ups for just about every player on the roster since we hit the 99 day mark until the start of the season. Right now we're working our way down through a few of the incoming freshmen DB's. We appreciate the comments, and hope you and your readers will keep coming by.

Blogger Bop said...
That was cool....thanks for the kind words.

Blogger Sports Dawg said...
Thanks Kit! A new blogger always needs a dose of encouragement, especially when he hasn't built uo his visit count. I really do appreciate what you had to say!