Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, August 04, 2008
I would like to apologize for my absence lately.  The move went well into the new place, but I'm still without teh internetz due to Comcast and my apartment complex not knowing when in the hell we'll have cable.

A situation arose recently where another blog has surfaced that follows our beloved (and at the moment, troubled) Bulldogs.  While I welcome any newcomers to the blogger community, as there is plenty of space for all of us, this certain site is eerily similar in name (and especially web address) to mine.

As it pertains to an official comment or feeling from the staff here at The Dawg-gone Blog, you're not going to get it from me.  Also, for the record, I have not been in contact with the media company that runs The Dawgs Gone Blog (no really, that's the title), but I think an olive branch will be extended by one of the two parties soon.

However, that's not why I'm writing this post.  My post is a public statement that I have the greatest friends in the world.  While I've been bewildered over the recent developments and incapable of doing anything about them while I'm in this state of transition, my great friend Russ (Blog Beer Pong This) has taken the helm and found out everything I need to know about the proprietors of the new site.  Not only has he done this, but has gone the extra mile of trying to communicate with said proprietors. 

You can read the summary of his findings and opinion on the matter here.  It's a very thought out and impressively genuine post that makes me humbled and proud to have such intelligent, diligent and upstanding friend like that.  If you would, please go to his site and not only read the post, but peruse his musings in general.  If you're anything like me, you'll find a lot of value in nearly every post.

So to Russ, thank you for all you have done.  I really appreciate it.  To say thank you from the bottom of my heart wouldn't be enough, but know that when the time comes, I will pay you back in spades.  Also, I shouldn't exclude Ally (The Road to Copacetic) who has also chimed in and been very supportive and the first to let me know of the situation.

For any of my readers, please know that I am no way affiliated with The Dawgs Gone Blog and I'm certainly not asking anyone to do anything malicious towards the site.  For all I know, it could have been an honest mistake, though I find that hard to fathom figuring I've been here for three years.  However, there are still people out there that think 9/11 was a conspiracy, so anything's possible.

For those that continue to read this site regardless of my lack of posting, I thank you deeply.  I have been welcomed with open arms, not only from my friends like Russ who got me into blogging, but from good friends like PWD and acquaintances like The Good Senator, The King and Dawgbone.net who have literally turned my hobby into a passion.

Now that fall practice has started, I will trudge over hell and high water to bring you content as often as possible.  My goal is to give you daily updates regarding the team, the suspensions, my thoughts on this year's schedule and anything else going forward.  I'm also in discussions with another site, much like YouTube for college football fans, to syndicate through their site, so hopefully I can reach as many readers as possible who share the same passion (or disdain) for our beloved Bulldogs.  

One thing you can expect from me soon is an interview with Rob Suggs, who is author of the book "Top Dawg: Mark Richt and the Revival of Georgia Football."  I was contacted by his marketing person (you do great work Ms. Kate!) and I hope that have that interview to you by the end of this week.  There will also be a contest in conjunction with the release of the book where you can receive a complimentary copy via this site, so stay tuned.  These next few weeks should be incredibly interesting.

Thanks again to everyone who continues to support what I do in ways I know I don't deserve. I'll never get rich doing this, but some things you can't attach a price tag to.  

You can (and will always) be able to find me here at www.dawggoneblog.com and The Dawg Gone Blog (sans "s") will not go anywhere any time soon.   

I'm very much looking forward to this upcoming season.  My best to all of you.  

Dawg information coming beginning tomorrow.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:
Blogger Oob said...
Yep, I've been checking up on you here. And yep, I've been curious about wth is going on with your absence. Good to know you are okay! I thumb my nose at url-wannabes in general and refuse to even foray into their pseudo-site. Congrats on the exciting upcoming events! Hugs to you my friend.

Blogger Mackie said...
I'll be interested to know how this unfolds. Hopefully whoever is running "the other site" isn't a total douche and will make the adjusted changes. These things are hard to start up, harder to keep up-to-date, and even more harder to pull consistent avid readers, you sir, are to be commended!

Blogger Ally said...
You're so welcome - I just hate this happened to you.

I'm not worried though - bottom line is everyone in Bulldog Nation knows the real Dawg-Gone Blog ;-)