Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Not much to talk about today, so let's just do some quick hits:

1)  Mark Richt surprised the team by taking them to the Ramsey Center pool this morning for a quick swim.  Word has it (and I've seen the pics to prove it) that Richt did two of his patented backflips off the 10m platform.  He stuck the landing as always.  I find the move to take the team away from two-a-days interesting for a couple of reasons.  I've never seen Richt do this before the season has begun (correct me if I'm wrong), and so I think he did it because a) the team has been busting it and b) their focus is jilted after the loss of Sturdivant.  Usually I would say one player going down wouldn't affect focus so much, but it sounds like Sturdivant was a well like and respected guy throughout the entire team and losing his leadership probably hurt more than usual.  Just my two cents.

2)  I'm really impressed with Stacy Searels for a variety of reasons, but one of the big ones is his cross-training of O-linemen at all positions.  Somewhere Neil Calloway is disagreeing with me, but I don't give a sh*t.  CSS's approach to coaching is hard-nosed, strategic and kept quiet.  I like hearing the coaches talk, but if CSS keeps doing the job he's doing, I don't give a flip if he ever speaks to the media again.  You've got to think the reluctance from being in the spotlight and talking to reporters has helped his O-line keep focus through the post Sturdivant era.

3)  Tavarres King apparently returned back to practice, but we still have a ton of folks in green jerseys including Knowshon.  I've never seen Mark Richt protect a guy like that before, but I'm not second guessing anything.  Give me another 1300+ yard season and you can do whatever you like.

Other than that, it was a pretty slow news day.  One thing everyone should check out is PWD's newest creation, which is essentially is an extended pregame video from last year.  It'll get you fired up and if it doesn't, how do you look yourself in the mirror every day?

Speaking of which, if anyone has any videos they could pass along to me, I'd really appreciate it. While I have no interest in doing something like what PWD did and putting it on YouTube, I want to get some clips and play around with them in iMovie to music.  Just to see if I could put something decent together.  

If you have any whatsoever, please shoot me an e-mail at KitZeus99 [at] gmail (dot) com.  I'd really appreciate it.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , , ,