Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
With every passing day I get one step closer to football. So why am I sitting here getting pissed off at Kirk Herbstreit instead of being happy?

Because I’m sick and damn tired of people using the polls to predict the end of the season -- IN THE PRESEASON.

Look, there’s a difference between predictions and polls. Every poll is not meant to be a prediction. Every week, you’re not ranking teams based on where you think they will finish. You’re supposed to be ranking teams on who you think the best is RIGHT NOW. Right now at this very moment, who is the best team in the land? Ok, who’s behind them, and behind them, etc.

Why is it we are being inundated with “Georgia’s schedule is too much for them to handle to make it to the BCS championship” day after day after day? It’s like we’ve already lost a game. It’s absolutely infuriating to a degree that I can’t describe.

I’m fine with people saying that Ohio State, USC, etc. are better teams than us right now. It is absolutely 100% A.O.K. by me. But when I have Kirk Herstreit telling me that because Florida has an easier path to the BCS Championship, so they deserve to be #1 and then tell me that he believes BYU is ranked too high because they don’t play anybody, it makes me want to gag myself with a f*cking spoon. 

Does he not see the hypocrisy in his reasoning? His logic is essentially “good team with easy schedule = MNC, but, bad team with easy schedule = doesn’t deserve to be there.” Seriously, how f*cked up is that reasoning? Because he thinks Florida is a good team (which they are, don’t get me wrong) but has an easier path to the MNC than UGA, then they deserve to be ranked ahead of us?

WHAT THE F*CK???!!!!?!?!?!?!!?!!ELEVEN!!??!?!?!?!!??!!

Herbie, I like you as a commentator. I always have thought you were a pretty decent fellow and I even brushed off your total asshattery last year when you called UGA the best team in the land and then campaigned for LSU to make it with the whole “body of work” argument. Seriously, I haven’t seen someone work that hard for something since the last time I saw a crackhead dance for a quarter.

So all you pundits out there do one thing, and ONE THING ONLY, for me if you don’t mind. If you have a vote in ANY POLL -- ANY SINGLE POLL REGARDLESS OF AFFILIATION -- start voting correctly. You are all journalists in some form or fashion (even the bloggers), so please know the difference between a prediction and a poll. When it starts being called the Coaches Prediction or the AP Prediction, then I’ll be happy to listen endlessly to you guys making asses of yourselves. However, until then, please please please please please PLEASE stop doing what you’re doing. There’s not enough duct tape on the planet to keep my head from exploding if things keep progressing as they are.

No, seriously. I’m too young to have my head explode.



Until next time kids. 

Be safe.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:
Blogger Joe Scudda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Anonymous said...
Mysellfff!!!!!