Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Actually, I don't have the Bye Week Blues. Far from it. I think it's because of the fact that we got our asses kicked last Saturday and we're so banged up that we could fill the trauma ward at Seattle Grace. 

However, the bye week does give all of us a little time to take a break and just kind of relax from having to blog too much about what's going on. Consider bye weeks as 7 days of MHD's (Mental Health Days) that are necessary for us who write useless sh*t constantly. I'm not saying blogging is tough, hell, it's very far from it. But I am saying that every once in a while it's nice to know that you don't HAVE to write if you don't want to. I'm know I'm not the only Dawg in this hunt.

Be that as it may, I still wanted to touch briefly on a few things:

1) Vote for the Redcoats -- If there's anything you could ever do for me, please go here and vote for the Redcoats to beat a myriad of other bands from across the nation and prove their domination that both you and I know already exists.  

2) The Injuries -- Man this sucks, but the good news is we should have most of the folks back by LSU when it really matters. However, we can't sleep on UT and especially Vandy (doesn't that sound backward?) so it's important for us to be as absolutely aggressive as possible from beginning to end on every snap. It'd do this team good to treat every game like we're down 31 points.

3) Kiante Tripp's Move to TE -- I personally love the move. With the problems we've had on the Offensive Line, what's wrong with moving a guy over that knows the blocking schemes to help out some? Also, if he's athletic enough to run a route or two and catch a pass when no one's expecting him to, I'm for that as well. I have no doubt he'll make it back to the O-line sooner or later, but I'm 100% positive the move is depth related instead of production-related. Kiante isn't really big enough to play on the O-line, but he's close enough to create an impact. It just turns out that he's the next big body athletic enough to get out on the edge and block now that Tripp Chandler is hurt.

Well that's all I have for right now. Hopefully by the weekend I'm going to come up with a "who you should root for" post listing what teams we want to win and what teams we want to lose for the rest of our season in order to help our chances of getting to the SECC and the MNC (if possible).


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
I listened to some of the other bands and besides the Redcoat band being a cut above all the competition (yeah I am biased wanna fight about it?) I think the Texas band had one of the best arrangements and quite possibly a flawless execution. If Georgia doesn't win I hope Texas does.