Collage 3
The Dawg-gone Blog
Official Sponsor of "Clean, Old-Fashioned Hate" Since 1981
Monday, November 10, 2008
Posting's going to be light over the next day or so due to work and other commitments, but hopefully soon I'll be able to share with everyone a new project that I've been working on.

In the meantime, here are some quick hits for you:

1) PWD takes a great look at the Defense. I'm not completely on the "Fire Willie" bandwagon, but I'm certainly on the "significant improvement" bandwagon. Something's missing. I don't know if anyone really has their finger solely on the cause yet.

2) The Good Senator has a post on passion and how a playoff would kill that. I think when all is said and done this year, the drumbeat for a playoff will be louder than ever.

3) Since I don't believe I will be able to break down the Kentucky game this week due to all the other stuff I have going on, but David Hale does a helluva job. One that's so good, that I might just not ever write one again. I know a lot of you guys miss Ching, but for my money, and no offense to Ching, I think Hale is just as good if not better. 

4) Lastly, another great read about some knee jerk reactions and final thoughts on  Kentucky from Ally. If you wanted to relive what it felt like on Saturday, that's your post.


Again, I hope to have some good news (and a new link for you to chew on) in the next few days, but it probably won't happen until Wednesday. Sorry, but some other stuff takes precedence right now.


Until next time kids.

Be safe.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:
Anonymous Anonymous said...
Kit...get on board....Willie is not making adjustments that are needed in the first half. If football were five quarters, we go with one loss on the season. Soft zone sucks ballz if we aren't playing Colt Brennan and the undersized Warriors. More importantly...you didn't respond to my text about special teams...lets have some ideas tossed around about this......review that UK game and see when we lost momentum. If you don't have it available, let me tell you when it happened...kickoff out of bounds at 14-0. We all know the rest!

Blogger Bernie said...
I think I'm with ya on the significant improvement wagon, but I may be jumping off soon. I believe in continuity like CMR. I believe the stats show Martinez has done a great job. But either we're not recruiting the right D players or the coaches are not doing a good enough job.

And for what it is worth, when I reviewed the "tape" of the UK game I saw D ends pass rushing in the 3rd quarter when they had no interest or need to pass.

Just a fellow bloggers opinion.