Ok, so I sat down to write this preview and after looking at this screen for well over an hour, I can't even dare to know were to begin.
So I won't. I can't get over the Florida loss. I can't focus and I know the game against a 6-3 Kentucky team is a big one, especially given what they did to us in Lexington in 2006. However, I'm of the mindset that there are few things that I can't take and getting embarrassed like we did last Saturday and then writing a long preview about what we need to do is one of them.
As always, you can find Jody's Information Overload here
and Doug's been missing since Obama was named president. He was last seen running up and down his road with a "Change '08" sticker on his ass and an American flag tied around his neck. As for me, you're getting the Erk Russell version of a preview. Quick, simple and when done right, unstoppable.
When UK has the ball:
1) Hit 'em hard. Hit them like you're trying to put out a fire with brute force. Tackle them effectively and when you make contact, take them to the ground.
2) Get after that QB's ass. He's inexperienced and when he sees you coming at him, he'll flinch. When that happens, make sure he had a good reason to in the first place.
3) If a pass is thrown it had better hit the ground or hit one of our guys in the hands. When that happens, we'd better intercept it and put our Offense in good position to score points.
When UGA has the ball:
1) We'd better block hard. We'd better road grade some guys. I know their Defensive Line is tough, but they're not Dawgs. However, you are. You have the luxury of being coached by one of the best in the nation. You have the luxury of working out in the best facilities in the nation. You are also, by the grace of the Almighty Himself, wearing Red and Black on Saturday. If that doesn't give you enough will to hit someone in the mouth, then I feel sorry for your soul and your butt because your soul has no hope and your butt should be firmly planted in Athens.
2) We'd better run hard. We give you the ball, you take off with it. When you get hit, you fall forward for extra yardage. The first man that hits you should never be the first man to take you down. For every red shirt that falls down, there'd better be five blue ones taking him to the ground.
3) We'd better catch the ball. They'll grab you at the line. They'll bump you in coverage. It's your ball and show how thankful you are to have your QB throw it to you by catching the damn thing. Fight for your space, fight for the ball and then fight for extra yards.
1) Should we stall on a drive and have to punt, we need to kick it deep, high and cover. We do those three things, we'll have no problems.
2) Should we have to kick a field goal, put it through the uprights. Simple, right?
3) If they punt, we try to block it. If they get the punt off, we try to catch it and score with it.
4) If they kick a FG, we try to block it. If we don't and they get three points, as long as we have one more than them at the end of the day, I'll be OK with that.
What I think will happen:
I don't know what I'm going to eat for lunch tomorrow, much less have a damned clue as to what's going to happen in this game. I've been disappointed some this season and it ain't the first time I've felt it and it damn sure won't be the last. But in regards to this game, at 12:30 on Saturday, we'd better whip ass for 60 minutes. There should be scoring, there should be determination and there should be domination.
Anything less is unacceptable.
Until next time kids.
Be safe (and Go Dawgs!)
Labels: College Football, Game Previews, UGA Football